*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1068135-Chronicles-of-Keane-Conlyn---Part-1
Rated: 13+ · Serial · Fantasy · #1068135
This is my first item, so I suppose this is the first that my character see light of day.
This storyline is continued in "Chronicles of Keane Conlyn - Part 2 - A Good Breakfast for a Good Day


Chronicles of Keane Conlyn
Part 1
Everyone Starts Someplace.


         He wriggled out from under his heavy wool blanket and wiped the sleep from his eyes. There was certainly a chill in the air, but he always enjoyed the crispness that autumn mornings brought. He swung his legs down from the small wooden cot on which he slept every night. The dirt felt frozen, and he looked at his feet. His big toes sprouted from each stocking and looked like the eyes of a frog when he put his feet next to each other. His eyes opened wide because he remembered the importance of this day.

         Keane was to travel to the city today with his brother, Mariel. He had never been and thought if he didn't go today he may never go to Southwood Pier. He had heard that, when in the city, if you help strangers with things like carrying goods, or watching after their horses they might reward you.

         Mariel, 12 years Keane's elder, entered the room and greeted his brother with a soft smile. Except for his size, Keane reminded Mariel of himself at his age and instantly recognized the look of excitement in his eyes. He walked to his own cot and grabbed something from under his straw filled pillow and put it in his pocket.

         "It is good to see that you like to wake early, brother. If you continue to do so we should make good time in our journey to Southwood Pier" said Mariel, still smiling affectionately.

         "When do we leave, Mariel?"

         "After mother makes our breakfast. Get dressed now. We need milk so you have a little work to do," Mariel's brow furled, then unfurled and he smiled again, "I kid, brother! I have already gotten the milk. I wouldn't make you work before our journey. Especially on you 15th birthday. Come, let's eat."

         Mariel left the room and Keane sat smiling for a moment before putting on his trousers. He reached for his tattered boots and said softly to himself, "Today is a good day."

This storyline is continued in "Chronicles of Keane Conlyn - Part 2 - A Good Breakfast for a Good Day
© Copyright 2006 Warden of Bonfire Bay (bonfirebay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1068135-Chronicles-of-Keane-Conlyn---Part-1