*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1069135-Attraction-or-Survival
by Chele
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Relationship · #1069135
The Male And Female Relationships
Throughout human history and across so many cultures, male polygamy and female momgamy have been more the rule than the exception. From the harems in the Middle East to the Asian noblemen who took many wives as well as concubine. Men oftenmate with more than one woman at any given time. Women,in the meantime could be and sometimes still are severly punished for as much as looking at another man.
Many people would argue that these are merely very sexist customs that drop women to a second-class status. But for some people, such notions ask the question why such conventions might have developed in the first place.
Rather than providing excuses for the sexist behaviors, we hope that by working with people to better understand their own as well as thier mates' behaviors, maybe we could possibly help couples get along better.
Darwin's theory of natural selection states, "Animals evolve traits that best ensure their survival." Relationship experts have had many predictions about the male and female sexual strategies that probably would best serve the prehistoric males and females.
Women provide the primary childcare for their children and require much needed support. The support is needed from the time of pregnancy and for many years to follow. Men can father as many babies as they find women to become pregnant with their children and do not really have to stay around from the birth of the baby or the many years to follow.
Men more than women prefer young healthy mates whom can bear as many children as they want. Women want men with plenty of resources. Men willing to spend their resources on their relationship. Males are as well more willing then women to engage in short term relationships.
Twenty-five percent of married women have have marital affairs. Women are looking for someone much more desirable or looking for away out of the current relationship.
Men in short-term relationships have the ability to spread their genes and avoid spending their resources. Many women, on the other hand, have the risk of raising the child without help from the absent father and damage their ability to attract another man. Men become more jealous from the thoughts of sexual affairs. Women are more jealous when their partner becomes emotionally attached to another woman.
Men may become more upset as the thought of infidelity occur. Many men and women blame their voilent behavior on each other and their range of jealousy.
There are ranges of mating circumstances and benefits from each one. Maybe now we can begin to learn how to decease the conflict between the male and female sexes by helping them see what may be driving their fantasies.
© Copyright 2006 Chele (chele77 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1069135-Attraction-or-Survival