*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1070622-In-Spite-of-the-Blood
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1070622
Story of a boy being smuggled into USA, but has some secrets to find out about himself!



In Spite Of the Blood


Where as most stories begin as a perfect, bright summer day, our story does not. It doesn't even start with a very fancyable event. It starts with a very, very,sad event.

As the coast guards took my Mom, I realized that this wasn't my place to be. I was born in London. Those were the first ten or eleven years though, and now I was being smuggled into the great, "Land of Oppurtunities." But by the looks of it as of now, I dont think that it's my kind of place to be anymore. The main coast guard asked, "Who is this boy!" The other, goofy one replied "He is just a bystander!" Yes! I had gotten away with this horrible crime! But what about Mom?

"Get out of here kid!, Go on, get on with it now!" Mom screamed at the top of her lungs, "Get outta here Kristofer before you get in trouble boy!" Then she did something I'll never forget, she winked at me.

It had been nearly four weeks since that day. I mourned for the first couple of days. But I had worse problems now. I lived beside an old shoe store, it was still in business and people sure did notice me. I can tell by the way they pucker up their nose as they walk past me. I had developed a sorta friend while on this "some sort of adventure." His name was Timothy and he rarely spoke. Whenever he did, however, it was "Please spare an old man some change." Now, I was only 12 years old, but I knew this man wasn't an "old" man. He only looked roughly around 30 years of age. So, you could call me and him a con-man, or men.

As Tim was tring to get some food, Iturned to see what else was going on around this dump,something caught my eye,It was a very short man, with a brown top-hat, Ared and black cape on, very nice dress-clothes, green teeth, his own cane (which looked like a shrunken magic-wand), and a very evil sort-of grin. Then I realized what was going on, he was coming towards me!

When he finnaly came to Tim's and my "pit-stop" my jaw was dropped. I had never seen such a horrible little man. "Aren't you Kristofer?" "Yes, how did you know that?" I answered. "Ah, you shall never know, but I can tell you this, Kristofer, your mother is well and she has some news for you." "What sort of news?" "Kristofer don't waste your time with this man, he's one of the business men, he's only after your money!" "Shut up Tim!", I scolded him, "Sir, what is your name?" "Daniel, Daniel O'coolihan.", he replied in a mysterious, cocky way. "Kristofer your mother wanted me to send you this." He then handed me a folded, yellow peice of paper.

It read, "Dear Kristofer, this is your mother,Julianne,I miss you terribly, and I am very sorry about the encounter with the coast guards from America, I bet every bloody American is like that but you just hang in there Kris, I know you can do it. There is one more thing i need to tell you, Kris, you are not human, you are of a very differant species, you are a Vampire Kris. That is why you must stay in America. But soon enough Kris, we'll be together again, don't think I don't like you. But do know that your father only left us because, heto, knew the truth. I love you, Mother

The short letter left me flabbergasted. I didn't know what to think of myself, I didn't have fangs, did I. As I felt I realized that I, in fact, did have fangs! "Ehem!", Mr. Coolihan grunted, forget about something?" "What?", I asked. "You, Kristofer, are a creature of the night, I am forced to tell you that you must drink...Blood. There was a short pause, the Tim spoke, "This is nonsence dude, tell this guy to get lost he's lieing to you Kris!" "No, I believe this man is not a business-man." I was weeping now. "Tim I must venture to London to find my mother, and I would like for my best freind to go with me."

"Me!," he yelled, "go to London, alright! he said it as though he was excited. "But there is one thing you must know about me," I said "I...am...a...Vampire." Tim bust out laughing even though this was serious business, and not a laughing matter, "A vampire!, Aggghhhhhhhhaaaahhhhaaaahhhhaaa!" Tim continued to laugh as we(including Mr. Coolihan) walked down the pavement that was wet, dark, and lonely, toward another lonely place-London!


To Be Continued .....
© Copyright 2006 thenewgonz (koko at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1070622-In-Spite-of-the-Blood