*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1071979-Response
by Max
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1071979
Found the 1st part in my computer, do not remember what in response to-new thoughts added
Corruption is the result of the masses. The effect of collaboration. When a country becomes a barter of ideals, when politics is a stock market of morals, when businesses sell in ethics…all this is the creation of sacrifice. No great monument was created by an executive board. No masterpiece was created by a council. In creating the Sistine chapel, if Michelangelo had not fired his assistants, would the masterpiece that we see today have been the same? Did Beethoven rely on others to hear his music for him? Did the Wright brothers accept that man cannot fly? No. Each time, it took the strength of the individual, without the reliance on others.

~March 24th, 2006
a thought spawned in me...look at the technical definition of "compromise." when looked up at dictionary.com, u get a few definitions, but for my purposes, we will use the first and last...

"A settlement of differences in which each side makes concessions."
-and-
"A concession to something detrimental or pejorative: a compromise of morality."

or for those who like examples:
example a: "our compromise meant that i would have to come in a few extra hours each week, and i would get the vacation time i wanted."
example b: "the integrity was compromised."

same word, two very different meanings.
or are they?

also - look up the etymology of the word (latin/greek/whatever origins and meanings)...what will that bring out?


**********************note************************
to anyone who reads this and it makes no sense, i apologize. i realize that this is public, but it is the easiest and most effective way for me to progress my thoughts. feel free to leave a comment, thoughts and opinions are welcome; i do not, however, promise that i will side with you. this is still a thought in process, and any insight u can give me would help (i usually don't compromise much, so info from the opposite view would help to realize the reasoning for the opposition, and help to figure out which parts that i am expressing are right, and which are wrong).
© Copyright 2006 Max (maxma at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1071979-Response