*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1077443-Internally-Margo-Intro
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1077443
the intro to Internally Margo, anecdotes of a brazen .
She wore her hair in style like she had just woken up and crawled out of bed. She was a rebel to the times of glamour, beauty and grace in which we lived. A rebel to everything except her personal standing in the comunity. She didn't ask to be born a debutant, in a world of countesses and queens, but she was. And in turn she reveled in it; break everyone of their rules, that she thought were stupid or dull. Which turned out to be all of them. She went to the extent of even cutting her hair off to raise controversy; she wanted to be equal to the men trying to court her, but she never knew she'd never be. It was her badge of honor, trying to change the world. She thought if one person, one woman stood up, then the world would really change. She didn't know that even in politics being a debuntant is nothing more that a status symbol, so she cut her hair off and said if a man can have short hair, then why the hell can't I. She raise many an eyebrow with her coif and branded a shrew. She didn't care though, she sold the hair; but to her the money was tainted. It wasn't daddy's money or a gift, she worked for it and couldn't stand that it wasn't just given to her. Her name, Margo Illia Chanton, but she prefered Elizabeth. After Queen Elizabeth, a brazen queen, who let no man tell her what to do.
© Copyright 2006 mathieuj (mathieuj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1077443-Internally-Margo-Intro