*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1077470-Internally-Margo-The-Beginning-Light
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1077470
the begining of the story of Margo Illia Chanton
It was a time of putrid hatred, a time of fanasty and release. A time for pleasure, a time to rebel. So, of course Margo, wasn't truelly sitting around drinking tea; like all the other ladies of the court. She wasn't amused with their small talk and small minds waiting to be wed and become a wife and have a kid. She was instead thinking of yet another rebellion to the church, her parents and the high archy of court. She was pondering how to expose the one thing no one was to have. The one thing she wanted more than anything, go figure, she couldn't have it and she couldn't stand it. She wanted to know what was under the robe of-

"Margo," right in the middle of her dreams of grandeur, she was awaken to the calling of her name. The sound seemed to be like an echo in the breeze, barely their; but still calling,ringing in her ear. She looked up from her tea, to she it was only her mother. "Tell them of your news."

"News, what news," she uttered from what seemed another world, another life, another care.

"Lois Lapore," she realized her mother wanted everybody, to know she had a propasal. It wasn't her first,not by far and not by the far, the last.

"Oh, he proposed," she thought it was funny, like she would marry that egotistical, whining brat. Her mother desperatly wanted her to though. But she never did anything her mother wanted her to. She never did anything anyone wanted her to do, but herself.

She started to think of the other proposals she had got over the years. Her first was at 15 from Prince Eddrick; probally the only man she ever loved. He was 20, tall, dark hair, tanned, the perfect man as she was concerned. He had been on the throne since he was 10, waiting for his father to die. But his father whould rather see himself a pauper than have his bastard son sit on the throne in place. He promised all who knew that he wouldn't die without a proper heir to the throne. He hated Eddrick for being his mother's child from an affair. He blamed his doomed marriage and unevitable divorce on Eddrick.Quite literally his father wished him dead on many ocassions; thinking only if his he died in birth, then he would have been rid of Eddrick and his mother. But neither died.

See, Eddrick's father, Lio, was married to the then queen, Gwen, when he started a torrid, secret affair with a known prostitute, Shandi Dumore. Shandi wasn't the typical prostitute, she didn't work a corner, she didn't wear a scarlet letter or almost nothing for clothing. She was, what now would be called a call girl, she got paid to sleep with and hang out with the creme of society. So, she wasnt looked down upon so much, she had in fact her own type of fame and glory. But she still was looked at as an inproper girl, a girl of ill morals, a girl lacking of true class. The hoitey toitey woman of high society hated her, they whispered and gossiped about her and her going ons in the beudoir. She was their threat, the only girl to penetrate high society with the underworld of prostitution. She was the girl you slept with, but never married. But she didn't care, b/c she was indepenent on her own terms and made her own money. She was known to high society as a écarlate de la nuit, basically a scarlet of the night; many steps up, actually the creme of woman of the night. Scarlet came from the Purtians, they use to brand brazen women of ill morals with letters of scarlet for their crimes against morality.

Their mad affair went on for years, the queen knew about but she just turned her cheek up to it and went on. She had more class then to step down to any prostitutes level. She let him have his pleasure and she slept alone or so her husband thought. He didn't know karma had come back around to bite him in the ass, she had found her own secret pleasure. AFFAIRE DU COEUR, AFFAIRE DE L'ESPRIT, AFFAIRE DU CORPS, EILO. He wasn't the only one to have his cake and eat it too. Gwen found his son, Eilo, to be quite intriguing and a god in the bedroom. He looked nothing like his father, but his mother, the former Queen Temptation; who quite oddly was born from the womb of his first widowed bride. A twisted king, he was, never satisified with what he had. He always wanted something new and differant, faithful was not one his best attributes, except to his country.

To Gwen it was her duty to her country to stay happy, young and beautiful and what better way then with a young man, the kings son. In all reality, she didn't do it to punish him, but for kicks. Well, at first it was punishment, hoping to get caught and teach him a lesson, but it didn't happen that way. No, actually first came the news to Lio that Shandi was pregnant, and with him not knowing that she was still an écarlate de la nuit, still running her business, her body around the courts. He naturally thought it was his and she didn't believe him to think any differant. She let him think what he wanted to and what was in her best interest. It was only, in fact, when she was birthing the child that she told him her deepest, darkest secret that the child might be his, that most likely it was probally one of her other customer's baby. And if that wasn't bad enough, but she then told him, that the man she thought to be the father was none other than Brooklyn. A Duke, that in the king's eyes was nothing more than a putrid excuse for a man. To say the least they didn't get along. But by this point it was all to late to change anything. See, the king on news of hearing Shandi was pregnant, married, after the unusual and timely dissapearence of Gwen. Many rumor to this day, he had a part in her dissappearence, in fact that he orchristrated the whole thing and most thought she was killed and not just missing, but it wasn't the first time the king dealed with these type of rumors. After his first widow was found beaten and bruised,clothes ripped to shred, and strangled from an apparent rape and strangling, rumors flooded the court that he paid for her death. That his mistress, Alita, did it for him to prove to him her love and devotion, but it was never proved. And if it was truth, it didn't play out well for Alita, he turned around and married Vita Seville, the only woman who wouldn't sleep with him and a woman of stage. He soon found out why, Vita wasn't really who she claimed to be, she was in fact none other than a man in a dress; a woman just for kicks.

Married to a woman with a bastard child, he had to play nice, b/c he couldn't have left her now, it would't have been good for pr. So, they stayed married and he pretended Eddrick was really his son, always knowing the truth in the back of his head.

Margo thought and thought and thought, only to remember why the marriage fell through. And all to sudden it came to her like deja vu after a sweet interlude in the woods. It was the parents, hers and his, neither approved. Which always bewildered her; why wouldn't her parents want her to marry a prince and have the best? They said she was to young, she was just a girl, she wasn't yet a lady. But that wasn't suppose to stop them. Against their parents orders, they planned to meet in the clearing in the middle of the woods, Black Circle, called so b/c of the dark magic said to be performed their. It was where the witches supposedly met up to cast their spells and conjure up demons of the dark night. They were suppose to meet their at sundown, to be wed in a secret ceremony. But little did she know, the one person she trusted with her secret, would inevibitly ruin love for her. She told Nadia Bancrod, so she could have someone to accompany her to the cermony and voige for the claim of marriage.

Nadia was Margo's best friend and confident, they were said to be like sisters. Almost never apart from one and another, for more than a minute, a second, they did everything together. And this would be no differant, Margo didn't know, but she was bringing her own secret along, a boy which she knew her parents would never except, especially for a marriage between two. She saw it as her only way to seal the letter of her impending life and happiness. And then Nadia thought they'd run away, far from the long armed range of her parents and family. The boy, John Alexander, the baker's son and for a countess to marry a baker was quite unheard of. It was out of the question, a countesses happiness was only second to a society marriage, perfectly arranged by two meddling parents, not happy in their own selves, only keeping tradition. And Nadia wasn't having that or so she thought. The inpending date for these vows March 5, a beautiful spring wedding.

But everything wasn't ok, when an unexpected ghost from the past showed up on the front steps of Margo's home. A deshelved mess was escorted to the parlor, where Margo was to greet him. The stranger had put the whole house on edge, Margo could feel something was wrong she got goosebumps and started to tremble, as her door opened to reveal maid standing there.
© Copyright 2006 mathieuj (mathieuj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1077470-Internally-Margo-The-Beginning-Light