*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1077628-Lying-To-Yourself
Rated: E · Other · Psychology · #1077628
my thoughts on the phrase "lying to yourself".
do you actually believe in the phrase "you're just lying to yourself" when you tell a lie?? i'm not sure if i believe it or not.

from one aspect, i can say that i believe. cause we're telling someone something that we only know the truth about. but when you tell a lie, you're telling someone a different thing from the truth. you're actually lying. don't you think?

it's hard to say that you're lying to yourself. noone can actually define the word "lie". of course it's stated in the dictionary, but psyhcologically, a lie is as mysterious as it can be.

i think, you're just keeping the truth to yourself when you lie. it's not lying to yourself. and you're just trying to protect that truth by not letting anybody else know it.

still, it's hard to say. i'm not sure myself. i just don't think that it's quite true when you say "you're just lying to yourself". it has no base to that phrase/saying. in fact, no truth to prove it right.
© Copyright 2006 matrianklw (matrianklw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1077628-Lying-To-Yourself