*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1079092-In-All-Things-Beauty
Rated: E · Other · Writing · #1079092
Simple thoughts on the rapid movement of life.
Seasons come and go. My Lilac bushes are covered with beautiful, fragant blossoms, however the Daffodils and Tulips are gone already. I have only the memory until next year. And so, God created all this for our pleasure, but only for a moment.

Yesterday, I watched my own children playing and romping. Today, I see my grandchildren, and wonder who turned the page. Be it years, seasons, or just days, they fly by so quickly that I wonder if I'm really a party to all this natural production. If I were to pinch myself, would I wake up?

I have heard it said that we are nothing but atoms blinking off and on. If this is true, then perhaps we are blinking too fast. I'm sure that I'm not nearly 58 years old, but that's what the calendar says. It was only the day before yesterday that I fell in love for the very first time! The day before that, I was making mud pies in the back yard with Janie. Today, I am pecking away on a keyboard, trying to get ahead of the blinking. Trying to keep just this moment intangible.

Oh, it's not that I fear tomorrow. On the contrary, each new day is like opening a new door. No, it's not that at all. I'm not concerned with my tomorrows. I'm just longing for the tomorrows that I will miss, and missing the yesterdays that passed so quickly.

If I could say one thing of any value,to anyone, I would say....

Next time you kiss those lips that you love, tell them about today and tomorrow.

Next time you have time to curl up with your children, tell them about today and tomorrow.

Next time you're at a keyboard, write something down, and save it.

It's not the money, or the house you can buy, or how many cars you can purchase. It's just stocking up on life, and keeping up with the atoms.
© Copyright 2006 wildflower (wildflower_527 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1079092-In-All-Things-Beauty