*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1079491-Why-I-Like-Cats
Rated: E · Other · Animal · #1079491
Cats play a major role in my life. I have around 20 of them.
Why I Love Cats!

I think it’s the purr.

He comes to me in the middle of the night while I’m sleeping, then buries his head on my face, waking me up. The obviously happy sound that says, “Oh my gosh Mama! I just thought of something that made me so happy right here in the middle of the night, and I had to wake you up to share it!” In my half sleep state, perhaps I’m remembering my own Mama coming in through the night when I was a child, kissing me on my forehead and pulling the blankets up around me tightly. I lull myself back into dreamland with my arm wrapped tightly around him, once more being allowed to enter the inner sanctum of feline ecstasy.

It’s definitely the fur!

It tickles my nose and makes me giggle like a child again. I spit it off of my face and shake my head. Shaking your head is very stimulating for the 90% part of your brain that never gets used. It brings things back into perspective, reminding you that the cat is a more intelligent creature than you are, so just deal with it and feel privileged.

I know it’s the ears!

I nibble on them and pull on them with my teeth, only causing him to shove his head up to me closer, finally retaliating and nipping my nose gently. It’s so erotic!

I really know that it’s the tail!

He can turn his back on me and say so many things with his tail. He can say, “Look at me! I’m beautiful!” He can flip it in a way that says, Come on Mama! It’s playtime!” Other times he can do a little jerky thing with his tail that says, “Watch out! I’m not happy!” That’s when I bow down and kiss the earth that he has just walked on and apologize for whatever it is that I have done, unknowingly. After all, he has to think that I’m here to make him happy, not
vice versa.

Changing tenses now.
Why do I love my cats? They bring out the Tarzan’s Jane in me. A 57 year old woman can run through the house and hide behind doors, swing on branches, and spin them on her desk chair, making all sorts of inaudible ferocious sounds, definitely a monster to be observed and discussed among themselves during cat committee meetings. She can take turns dancing with each one of them, some more willing to dance, some balking and saying, “Put me down and go hide behind the door again, so I can pretend to find you.” Then she can just sit down, exhausted, and watch them continue to run through the room and act like comics for each other. Having multiple cats is quite definitely a plus. They love to entertain each other and be in the limelight.

Lights! Camera! Action! You’re on. You go, kitty cat! I am here. Keep thinking I’m making you happy. That’s OK with me.

© Copyright 2006 wildflower (wildflower_527 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1079491-Why-I-Like-Cats