*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1079114-The-Case-of-the-Missing-Dogs
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #1079114
It is about five girls who are best friends and solve cases. This is just the first one.
The Case Of The Missing Dogs


. As soon as Destiny walked in the door, the phone rang. She grabbed the phone as she was throwing her backpack on the couch and flopping into the closest chair. “ Hello Destiny” said the voice on the other end. Destiny recognized the voice as one of her loyal customers Ms. Drew. “ Hi Miss Drew, I was just on my way out the door.” But the rest was interrupted by Miss Drew sounding very upset. “I’m so glad I caught you before you came all the way over here to walk Thor. He seems to have disappeared last night. I’ve been looking for him all day but he’s no where to be found. I’m going to keep looking but I just wanted to let you know there is no reason to come over today since I don’t have a dog for you to walk.” Destiny was a little upset at the news and hung up the phone after assuring Miss Drew that she would be right over after she walked her other dogs to help her look for Thor. She was so deep in thought her mother had to ask her twice who was on the phone before she even noticed her. “Sorry mom that was Miss Drew calling to tell me that Thor is missing. That’s the third dog this week that has gone missing. If this keeps up I won’t have any dogs to walk.” Destiny grabbed her stuff and headed out the door still very deep in thought.
Destiny had just picked up her two customers, Max and Dolly, when she heard her name being called. Every girl should have a best friend and destiny was lucky enough to have four of them. The whole group was waiting for her at the entrance to the park. As she waved and walked towards them it gave her a minute to thin about how different the five girls were. Destiny was the animal lover, they all picked on her about the strays she collected and found homes for. Valerie was the most unlike her she saw nothing beyond boys fashion and shopping. Where Destiny practically lived in jeans , Valerie only wore the latest fashions. Ryan was a whole different story she loved for sports, her latest craze was soccer. Even now Ryan bounced a soccer ball off her knees. Maggie was the opposite of Ryan. Most of Maggies time was spent in front of a computer. If it wasn’t for the rest of the group she probably would have stayed in her room all the time playing all the fancy equipment she had. Mara kind of brought them all together. She was into a little of everything and she loved mysteries. That was when Destiny first got the idea of having the group help her find out what was happening to the missing dogs. Mara’s dad was a police officer so maybe he could help.
Destiny was ready to take the dogs home by the time she got done telling the girls her problem, so they all agreed since it was still early it wouldn’t hurt to walk around town and see if any other dogs were missing. A hour later they had counted twenty missing dogs. . “ Well I don’t know about the other dogs but the ones that are missing that I usually walk are pretty big dogs and it seems like somebody would know something about what happened to them. Mara you like mysteries what can we do to help solve this mystery.” asked Destiny. Everyone looked to Mara who had a big smile on her face. “ Well we could ask around at school tomorrow. It might be fun to try and solve this ourselves but I’ll still let my dad know what’s going on.” Mara waved good bye to the girls as they all agreed to meet up at school the next morning and headed home for dinner. After school the next day the girls didn’t have much more information than they had the night before. That was the reason that no one noticed that they were being followed until they go to Destiny’s house. Ryan noticed and stepped away from the group to talk to there shadow.
It took a few minutes before Ryan walked back the girls about to burst with good news. “ Rebecca may have just the clue we are looking for. She noticed a van hanging around when her dog was taken. It had a company logo on the side. Its for that new research place on the outskirts of town.” The girls thanked Rebecca and rushed inside to figure out there next move. “ It’s hard to believe that a place that does research would be taking dogs off the streets bu tit makes sense. There have been so many dogs taken and they were all big dogs.” Remarked Destiny to the group as Mara called her Dad . As Mara hung up the phone she turned to the group. “ My dad says they have to have proof before they can do anything. So I have an idea. Maggie do you still have all that spy stuff your parents got you last Christmas . We also need a camcorder.” The girls looked at her as if she was from another planet. “ If we can get proof then my dad can arrest them. Valerie you can use your parents camcorder , Ryan you and I can get close enough to use the tape recorder Maggie has. Destiny you’ll have to stay beside Valerie since you know which dogs have been taken better than we do.” After a lot of talking Mara finally talked the girls into a midnight trip to the research center.
After that every thing went as planned. Valerie taped one of the research vans unloading some dogs , one of which happened to be Max. Ryan and Mara got close enough to get the two researchers talking about a new test that they needed some very large dogs for. The girls got away safely and after lectures from there parents about how unsafe it was to be running around a research center chasing dog nappers in the middle of the night, Mara’s dad arrested several researchers that confessed to stealing the dogs. The next days the girls got to take all the dogs to there homes and Destiny had even more customers than she could handle. That is how the girls solved the Case Of The Missing Dogs.
© Copyright 2006 alleycat34 (aliciafillio at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1079114-The-Case-of-the-Missing-Dogs