*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1079933-Little-Girl-and-the-Butterfly-Bush
Rated: E · Other · Animal · #1079933
'Little Girl and the Butterfly Bush' will be in Catnip Chronicles in April.


Back in the fall I was taking Special K. outside a little while every day. Special K.
K.K. is one of our indoor pet kitties.
I had to stop when he discovered that there was more world outside the chain link fence. He just wouldn’t take no as an answer to his feline curiosity.


Little Girl is one of my feral kitties outside. She's so precious with angel eyes and such a sad knowledge of feral life. She's seen
kitties come and go. Some were adopted and some were crossing the Rainbow Bridge way too soon. Many of them were her playmates and she would stay right there with me to the very end.

Little Girl adores K.K. When I would bring him out, she would be right there entertaining him constantly. She would run ahead of him showing him every bit of her yard, making sure he would see every little hole to crawl into and all the exciting things that make up her little piece of the world. Once in a while she would pounce
right on top of him, then run off with a quiet little trill.

We have a great big Butterfly Bush in our lower yard. I love butterflies. Who doesn’t? On one particular day, Little Girl had been doing her usual escorting for K.K. I was grateful, because it really helped me out.
He's hard to keep up with! K.K. had stopped to consider all that he had surveyed under the Butterfly Bush. (Or, maybe he was actually resting)
Little Girl had left him so that she could just adore him from a distance at the top of the steps. I was sitting on the bank somewhere between the two fur babes.

I glanced over to see Little Girl posing in her attack position. K.K. was still sitting upright beneath the Butterfly Bush. He was completely unaware that he was about to be pounced on once again. He was just sitting there with the same wonderment in his eyes and his head spinning every way, as it does constantly. You would have to meet K.K. to understand it. People who come in are fascinated with him, because he stares at them intently and listens to their
every word and watches every movement they make. That's what he does. He is the ultimate curious cat with great big blue wondering eyes. I amused myself thinking of what was about to happen as soon as Little Girl was finished with the appropriate number of butt wiggles. K.K. would be totally caught unaware!

OK. Here she goes! I watched with such eagerness. Little Girl bounded down the steps, across the yard with a speed that I had never seen her exhibit. "You're gonna' get it, K.K.!" Little Girl jumped right into the Butterfly Bush! K.K. ran out a few paces and I jumped up wondering, "What the Heck!" In seconds the air filled with butterflies! I was dumb struck! K.K. was astonished! Every size and color! Butterflies! Flying right over K.K.'s head! It was a camcorder moment! I had no camcorder. It was like shaking one of those little snowballs! Only this was real! After my eyes finally left the butterflies and the astonished K.K., I looked at Little Girl. She was sitting next to K.K., looking at him as if to say, "See! This is my world! See what I have!" I will always see those butterflies filling the air, and spreading in every direction. I will always remember the ever playful Little Girl bounding into that bush and the proud look on her face as she sat next to K.K. She sat at the top of the steps and made plans to impress the one she adores, and her plans were supreme. What a moment! .......




© Copyright 2006 wildflower (wildflower_527 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1079933-Little-Girl-and-the-Butterfly-Bush