*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1081068-My-Journal
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Friendship · #1081068
story of a girls life through the perspective of her journal entries.
2005
January 27th Tuesday

Well, were moved in. Today was another hectic day, planes, luggage, boxes, and now the new apartment. I kinda like this place. Its quite, and small, perfect for the three of us. When I look out the window, in the room that I chose to be mine for now, I see the garden that the elderly women across the way has planted. Im going to enjoy waking up to that every morning. I can hear mom downstairs rustling with the pans. I think she found the cabiets in the kitchen. She kept saying on the plane.

"What if there are no cabinets in the kitchen? What will we do with all of our cooking stuff?"

She worries. Way too much. This is our fifth place in the last year. My mom is an artist, a struggling one at that. Its been a few years since shes had a big break. Her last agent, if thats what shes calling them now. Every agent she has had in the last 4 years she has dated.

There was Ted: Tall, dark, handsome, and so stuck up that I'm surprised he couldn't predict the weather sometimes. My mom started to date him when he won her a grand prize when we were in Boulder, Colorado. She got the artist of the state award for her painting of the alaskan sunset during the white nights.

John:
John was a good practical man that knew how to work the market with my mothers work. That was the problem though. He was more in love with my mom's work then he was with her. You would think though that he wasn't wrong for loving her work. That was his job, to love and sell and make her work known. That didn't fly over to well with my mom. She finnally ended it one night with smashing plates in the kitchen. We were gone by next morning.

That brings us to Chad:
Chad was a fraud. He conned my mom into us moving in with him after 3 months. We woke up one morning and everthing was gone. Including my moms safe which had money and documents for copyrights on her work. She lost a total of eight works and over 25,000 dollars in savings bonds. We were gone by the end of the night.

For now we have an apartment in Boston's northend. It's cute. Very convinent to all the attractions Boston has to offer though. I'm looking foward to applying at the Boston aquarium. I kinda want to see if I can get into the feeding of the animals, mainly the dolphins. I'll just stick with seeing if I can get the job in the first place.

My laptop battery is starting to die. Im going to charge and hopefully get some sleep in the new apartment, that is unless Matt wakes me up tonight.

Meghan





© Copyright 2006 .:escape_velocity:. (escapevelocity at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1081068-My-Journal