*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1082161-Tadpoles
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by sowe
Rated: ASR · Article · Action/Adventure · #1082161
About Tadpoles
I am going to tell all about tadpoles. Tadpoles are weird creatures they start out in a gooey egg. The tadpole egges are gooey and black. The best place to find tadpoles are in a puddle or wash. It takes at least one day for mother frogs to lay eggs. The mother frog lays about 4000 eggs at a time. You usually can find tadpole eggs on rocks or tree leaves that are in puddles. It can take up to two days for the eggs to hatch. When the tadpoles hatch, they immediately head to the surface for sunlight. At which time they will start to develop gills, in order to breathe air in the water. The tadpoles first start to develop back legs. Tadpoles like to eat algae, boiled lettuce, or boiled egg yolk minced. To assist your tadpole’s growth, you can feed them Frog and Tadpole food. Available at your local pet store. When you find tadpole eggs, place them in a jar filled with water and put them in cool location. Once the tadpoles start to hatch you will need to move them into a larger container in order to provide them with more room in which to grow. If tadpoles are not feed enough food, or given enough room in which to grow, they will eat each other. Fresh water daily is necessary for their health. To make an outdoor, tadpole pond, you will need to dig a hole ten feet in diameter and at least 8 inches deep. You can line this hole with a plastic garbage bag. It may be necessary to tack down the edges of the liner with nails, in order to keep it from slipping down into the hole. Line the top of the plastic with the dirt you dug out of the hole so the frogs can make their way out of the pond. You may choose to use grass or weeds to decorate your pond. Fencing may be necessary if you have pets that will cause damage to your pond. You may also need to provide shade for your tadpoles, by using a sunshade cloth. Keeping the soil dampened at least twice a day helps the frogs keep moist. It takes the tadpoles at least 18teen days to hatch.


© Copyright 2006 sowe (pinkgiraffe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1082161-Tadpoles