*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1084802-A-Path-Decided
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1084802
Just alittle story to relax the boredom
I didn’t know what was going on, and nothing couldn't speak out to help. It felt like I've been asleep for a while, and just woke up with a bad headache to a nightmare being born. Anything and everything was no more. My school was a piece of rubble which was an understatement. The sky was filled, with dust with very few spots of sunlight. It must have been a war!

Why and how could a war cause such destruction. I guess it was up to me to find answers to the mind numbing question. The first step I took landed me in a soft and wet spot. My eyes could hardly see the object, but my hand could still feel. After a few seconds I immediately figured it out, it was a person's faceless skull. At first it felt like a movie or a game, but another step revealed that this was real. It seemed like I was in a maze with dead bodies as my walls, yet even if I get to the end what will be there for me. No prize, no answer, nothing to reassure me that everything will be ok. But I pushed on, ventured further then I wanted, with all the millions of bodies being crushed beneath my feet. It was like a mountain of destruction.

Finally, some how I felt land! Grass of some sort and pavement. I must have reached the end of the battlefield. Now what, what can come of this victory.

"You down there!" Was that God! Have I been going on a journey to meet God himself? This must be it; I was traveling through hell to get to heaven and now I made it.

"Yes!" I cried out hoping that he could hear me.

"What's your status?" Status? What status? Why should I need status to become one with heaven. I stood there for a second to see what he would say.

"Reply or be forced to be obliterated!" Goodness how can I be destroyed from heaven, I'm dead for crying out loud. My brain ached from all this thinking. Before I started to cry, the sound of blades rang in my ears. It was a helicopter all this time! No God talking from the heavens at all, no hell being traveled. I was listening to a person in a helicopter.

They shined a light into my eyes, and I turned looking at all the dead bodies that I stepped over. So much damage, so much carnage, I mourned for a short moment for those dead bodies. It must have been at least 5 million dead bodies over the 200 miles or more that I traveled.

"Are you ok boy." Am I ok? Let me see, I'm the only survivor out of 5 million people that I just walked over!

"He looks like he could be diseased Sir. Should we take a chance?" Me! Diseased! Outrageous, I never heard anything of the sort.

"No, just kill him."

Tears fell from my eyes, "No you can't. I..."

They both pulled out a automatic guns, and it was over for me. Just like the people I crossed paths with, I was dead as well. Now maybe I can’t start my journey; the real journey to meet him, God.
© Copyright 2006 Sekushina (renai_kakume at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1084802-A-Path-Decided