*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1087920-The-Disk
by Chloel
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Fanfiction · #1087920
chloe finds a disk that shows clark using his powers in Lionels Desk Smallville fanfiction
Chloe sat there leaning on the blue steel desk staring at the portable DVD screen dumbfounded. “How could this be?” When it came to Lionel Luther she would not put anything past him. She stared at the explosion and Clark coming out with Lana. She remembered that day after Clark rescued his girlfriend yet again and he could never tell her. She yet again urged him to tell her but things got complicated. And now staring at this image Chloe did not know what to do. She had to do something. Lionel Luther is the last person that needed to know about Clark’s secret and now he knows. A thousand questions spun in Chloe’s head. Like “how long has he known? How much does he know? Where did he get this disk?” And more importantly, “What does he plan to do about it?”
Chloe heard people come she quickly jumped under Lionel’s desk who ever it was she did not want to be seen especially with this. She heard two voices. She was not surprised to hear Lionel’s voice. But she was surprised to hear Martha Kent’s voice. What was she doing here?
“Thank You for the ride Lionel but I shouldn’t be here to long. I have a lot to do.”
“Of course, well, I won’t deprive Smallville of their best senator. You were brilliant today by the way.”
“Thanks.” Martha said with reluctance in her voice.
“Well I’ll send some lunch up we’ll eat and you can get back.”
“We could have just eaten out. I told you Lionel I don’t care what people think.” Martha said.
“I know I’m glad you don’t but why go through the hassle of prying eyes?”
Chloe tried to sit as still as possible but with just seeing that DVD and hearing Martha talk to Lionel pleasantly she did not understand. She knew from first hand experience that he was a sick snake but lately he was different. She did not know what to make of him. First he was giving Chloe tip-offs about Lex’s running for senate. Then he gave her a tip about Dr. Fine. That tip clued her in and she found that Dr. Fine was nothing more then an alien high tech robot. If it wasn’t for Lionel Chloe would have never found Clark and saved him from the kryptonite. And she remembered that is why she was here. She had heard that Dr. Fine had some how resurfaced and she had to know what exactly Lionel knew.
Chloe heard footsteps come in and smell food. She just felt her stomach grumble.
“Where would you like it Mr. Luther?”
“Right over hear.”
Chloe heard chopping of teeth. Come on hurry up so I can get out of here. Chloe thought to herself. She sat awkward scrunched underneath the desk. She tried to sit very still and quite. It was difficult. She felt tingles flow through her left leg. She was so glad she wore pants today. She gently tapped her leg but the tingles persisted. She softly lifted her leg and hit on the floor trying to stomp it out. But her leg became numb. Suddenly the DVD player fell.
“What was that?” Lionel said.
Chloe froze.
She stared at the DVD player lying sideways on the floor. It turned off. Through the crack of the bottom of the desk she saw Lionel’s feet approach closer to the desk.
It was over she was about to get caught. There was no waiting around until she left so she could destroy it or show it to Clark. No Lionel Luther was approaching like a Lion gazing for its prey. She quickly grabbed the DVD player and the disk. She started to bend the disk and broke it in half. She looked back at the shadows of Lionel’s feet they just stood there still.
What was he doing? She thought. She could not sit there and wait to be captured she has always been able to stand on her two feet around Lionel, even though his very presence has frightened her.
She took a deep breath and crawled out of there and said.
“Hello, Mr. Luther how are you?” she said reminding herself to breath.
Lionel look token a back. Then he smiled and said,
“Oh, Miss Sullivan. What were you doing?” Lionel said not really surprised to see her.
“Snooping.” She nonchalantly as she felt possible, “What else?”
“You have become very bold over the years, my dear. What were you looking for?” Lionel asked as he helped her up.
“Oh, nothing particular, I came here to talk to you about something. And you know me I could not help myself.” Chloe tried to keep her focus on Lionel and not let her eyes wonder to Martha who seemed unsettled and tense.
“Of course, so what was so important that you could not call or send me an e-mail?”
“I came here to ask you about your last tip off you gave me a couple of months ago, Dr. Fine.”
“Dr. Fine… oh yes …you never reported back to me on that.”
“I don’t work for you anymore Mr. Luther. I don’t need to report to you. And if you remember the last time I worked for you it didn’t turn out so well for the both of us. “
“Indeed. So what is this about if not a report?”
“You were my source to this Fine story and just reopened it again after I saw Lex with him.”
At that Martha jumped up. “What? Chloe are you serious? You saw Dr. Fine?”
“I’m not sure it was him. I just came to ask this Mr. Luther if he knew anything about Dr. Fine that would be helpful. But I see I was interrupting something so maybe I’ll call and make an appointment like everyone else.”
She was about to leave when Martha noticed the broken disk in Chloe’s hand. Lionel noticed it too.
“Part of your snooping Miss Sullivan.” Lionel said as grabbed the disk.
Chloe froze. How could she be so stupid? She had to think of something. Anything. After what seem like an eternity of awkward silence. She spoke,
“Oh, this it’s my CD it fell out of my purse.”
“And it broke in half.”
She had to stop with the pretenses there was no way around it. She was brave she could do this. She took a deep breath then said,
“Actually, Mr. Luther you are right it is part of my snooping. And I saw it and I could not help my self. It broke. I’m sorry. Now if you don’t mind I really have to go. I have deadlines and all.”
She started to head out the door. Then he went after her and stopped at the door putting his hand on her arm. She starred at his hand; he quickly removed it then whispered,
“We should talk about this later.”
Chloe quivered at the thought left.


© Copyright 2006 Chloel (chloel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1087920-The-Disk