*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1093450-liars-never-prosper
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Other · #1093450
someone said write something sadistic
I don’t remember his face. It was a blur in the action the face was a shadow passing in and out of the light. And I so wanted to see the reaction on his face when he saw what we had done.

The car was packed, there were only four of us but already that felt like to many, either to many or not nearly enough, we were either going to make him pay or we weren’t leaving tonight. I mean honestly, yeah, at first it was all about the money, but after a while it was just about the amount of disrespect I was feeling. Look it’s a simple rule if you buy junk you pay for junk, and not only was he trying to skip out and not pay, but he was trying to say I ripped him off. And you know what, I expect so much more of him… it pained me greatly, so I decided that in return it should pain him. You see, I am a good man, I believe an eye for an eye. And my pride is my life, If I am ashamed of myself I mine as well be dead, so it only made since, that we make it even, he feels like I felt. And he said I didn’t have the shit to die for.

We rolled up to his house about a quarter past two. The windows were dark, an upstairs bedroom window flickered from the glow of a television. James walked over to the front door, he slowly turned the knob, it opened without any trouble, the four of us walked in. Silent as mice on Christmas Eve we went about the house. No one was downstairs, we figured Markey was upstairs and that’s where we would have to go. I went up first, the first bedroom, I cracked open the door, it was his little sister Jessica fast asleep in bed, a little angel, the next was his parents both were completely out of it, I think they were spooning, the final door was at the end of the hallway, I walked to it, it was cracked open, I nudged it open and peaked inside it was his alright, but he wasn’t in there. The little fuck wasn’t even home. Oh well he’d be coming home, and when he did he’d have surprise waiting for him.

I took the hunting knife out, and as quietly as I could I walked into the parents room, I put the tip of the blade over the old man’s temple and hit the but of the knife, he had an instantaneous reaction, not quite a scream but enough to wake up mom, before she could scream herself she saw my hand come out with a semi-automatic pointed directly into her eyes. She seemed taken back. I tried to be as sympathetic as I could, Kindness is a virtue after all “You and your children will die tonight,” I reassured her, “Yelling only determines how much your little Jessica will endure before that sweet release comes to free her from the pain.” She seemed to calm down. I always was good with dealing with people. I took the cord from her robe and tied her hands and brought her down stairs, her daughter joined her at the table. The six of us sat for what seemed like forever in silence. I considered taking the gags out of their mouths to liven up the conversation, but even through them all it was, was whining and crying so I figured it wasn’t worth it.

Several hours later we had grown bored with the two women’s incessant sitting and gagged screams so I believe we slit the mothers throat first, the little girl made some amazing screaming sounds I had never heard anything like it before, quite impressive., really. It was around five or so Markey finally got home. He walked in, flipped on the kitchen light and starred at the table, there was a paper bag on it. He glanced inside then screamed, inside was a piece of fleshy peach colored paper that said Keith, just like the tattoo on Markey’s dad’s chest… what a coincidence. I was so overjoyed to see him that as I went to say hello and give him a hello hug the gun in my hand accidentally hit his forehead, and he was knocked clean out. Well being the nice guys we are we put him up in a chair across from little Jessica, with mom at the head of the table, dad, well most of dad, was still upstairs. As his eyes flickered open he saw me, and my beloved 3 great friends. And I greeted him warmly. “Markey,” I said “I told you to pay me, and you avoided me, I let that slide, but to claim that I screwed you over with bad shit, that hurts Markey, do you know how much that hurt me?”

“MMNMNMNMMMM.” He said, through the rolled up sock.

“No, I don’t think you see how much that hurt me, Jessica, this is what your brother did to my heart.” and just as Markey did break my heart sweet angelic Jessica’s arm her brother’s lies did break. I was disgusted at this, “ Markey look at what you’ve done to your sister, your sick you know that, sick you fucked up mother fucker, Jesus Christ she’s just a kid. And look at what your putting her through.” It was a real shame. He mumbled something again, louder this time, but I couldn’t hear over Jessica, she was all but screaming now, god I never understood girls, she was twelve, a young woman and she couldn’t even sit still and be quiet. I asked her to please quiet down. She continued, suddenly there was a loud explosion and she was quiet, I’d say she shut her mouth, but for that to be true her mouth would have to still be attached to her head, it was actually opened wide, like an opera singer straining for a note.

“Markey What have you done?” I asked in horror.” You killed your sister, and your mother and your father. You murdered them all, your sick, you need help.” I motioned for James. “ I think you need your medicine.” James handed me the kit, I fixed up a quick batch of the doctors strongest stuff, and pumped it straight into his veins. Then because of how sick these things he had done really were, I fixed him a few more batches. I knelt down to his ear, a lullaby crawled from my lips, as his eyes closed. “ Don’t worry in the morning, they’ll all just think you killed them then overdosed, the note we’ll leave for you will explain everything.’ As he drifted off towards dream land we took the gag out of his mouth, and untied his hands, then put the gun in his hands and put the barrel where the gag had been. Suddenly for some reason his and Jessica’s family resemblance was clear. Then we tidied up after ourselves, got our stuff and left. Wow, where did those parent go wrong, I pondered on the ride back , a kid who got mixed up in such crowds that would encourage lying. You know I just can’t stand people who lie.
© Copyright 2006 billy sparkles (billysparkles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1093450-liars-never-prosper