*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1094207-An-unexpected-love
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1094207
Draco happens to fall in love with the person he is suppsed to hate.
Hermione jumped of her bed. She had just recieved a letter from Dumbledore that she was to become Head girl at Hogwarts. She was so honored. The note said she was to portkey to Hogsmeade where they set up a special place for her training, which began tommorow at 2am. The letter explained that there was a magical time deadline to portkey to the location. ~That's odd, they didn't tell me where to find the portkey~ Hermione thought to herself. She reread the letter twice to make sure she didn't miss something.
Hermione wrote quick notes to Ron and Harry and sent them off with Dumbledore's owl. She looked in the mirror and saw a big frizzy brown mess on the top of her head. With a swish of her wand, she simply said BEAUTOSA. Since the wizarding community now knew Voldemort was back, Dumbledore lifted the restriction of underage wizards using magic outside of school. And out of nowhere a blowdryer, straightener, comb, and brush lifted into the air and began to groom Hermione while she picked out something to wear.
~I wonder who is the headboy~she thought as she picked up her Gryffindor robe. After an hour of choosing clothes and getting groomed, it was nearly 10pm and she needed rest. She ran down stairs and told her parents the news and after an hour of explaining all the details, they agrees to let her go. Then she slowly walked upstairs, set her alarm for 1:30am and fell asleep.
What seemed like ten minutes later, her alarm buzzed off. She hoit the snooze button and got up slowly. She took a shower, groomed herself a little more and slid on her clothes and robes. It was now 1:59. Hermione watched the clock anxiously as she held on to her trunk. Finallt 2am had arrived and the second the clock turned a cracklewas all that was left of Hermione.
After a blur and cold sensation Hermione appeared not a cenimeter from Draco Malfoy, knocking him over and scaring the living daylights out of him. "Bloody hell, Granger, you Mudbloods can't do anything right can you?" he yelled as he picked him self up. "What are you doing here Malfoy, please don't tell me your head boy?" Hermione said annoyingly. "Yeah, big shock huh, but I knew Dumbledore would pick you, being his little favorite" Malfoy said slyly.
Hermione simply said " I would'nt be talking about favorites you know, because ever since we've been here you've been Snape's teacher pet.". "Look Mudblood, im no one's teacher pet, got it? You wouldn't want to be talking to me that way because bad things could happen" Malfoy said with a fire in his eye. "Oh, your not talking about Voldemort, are you? And for your information, Voldermort isn't pure blood either, so your talking about your great Lord, or whatever", Hermione said angrily. "Don't you dare tell me those lies, Voldemort is pureblood, just like me and my fath..."Malfoy said but did'nt get to finish because Dumbledore had just walked out of the Three Broom Sticks.
"Hello Hermione and Draco, and congradulations on making Head girl and boy. We have made arrangements for you to stay at the Shrieking Shack for the rest of the Summer.", Dumbledore stated. "But sir, that house is ghastly", Hermionesaid in shock. "We have really renivated the home, it is quite lovely looking actually", Dumbledore said informly. "Now I will lead you two, to the home. I will leave a list of your tasks while you are there and someone will check on you every day to make sure your skills together are improving." Dumbledore said while staring down the two. Hermione and Malfoy glanced at each other in disgust. ~I should have known I'd be stuck with him all summer, he'll probably try to poison me a few times, if I don't get to him first~ she tought to herself. Dumbledore walked the two teens to the entance trail of the Shrieking Shack which really did now look lovely.
The house was painted pinkish white, windows redone and there was a small pond and a huge garden in the yard, and the grass was green and mowed. "I will leave you two here to get aquainted", Dumbled ore said. The two slowly waled down the trail looking anywhere but at each other. Dumbledore had long ago apparted. There was complete silence and hate in the air.
The inside of hte house was just as lovely as the outside. "This house is so bloody girly, but I'd expect a git like Dumbledore would make it that way." Malfoy said as he fropped his trunk on the ground. "don't you even talk about him that way, because I know you wouldn't say it to his face", Hermione said angrily. "He even forgot to give us the list of tasks, he's too old for this job" Malfoy said sneeringly. Hermione let down her hair and said "He didn't forget". She opened her trunk and right on top of her clothes was a large peice of parchment. She tapped it with her wand and words started to appear.There were ten tasks on the list. When you tapped a specific task, the paper went blank again , then instructions for that task reappeared. "Oh", Draco said and he grabbed his trunk and went upsatirs to find his room.
Hermione did a deep sigh as she saw him running up the steps and followed him. Draco went into the first bedroom and slammed the door. Hermione went to the next bedroom. It was pink and flowery, and full of books, this clearly was her room. She settled in, putting her clothes in the dresser, putting personal items on the top. She took out all of her books and stacked them on the bookshelves."I knew you would bring books" Malfoy sneered as he gazed through her door way. Hermione gave him a nasty smirk and flicked her wand towards the door. The door slammed right in Draco's face and nearly broke his nose.
Hermione heard him cursing in the hallway then slam the door. She took a look at their first task, conjuring a luck potion. ~Great I'll need some luck!~ Hermione said to herself jokingly. She took off her over jacket, the house was so hot, she would sleep in her underclothes tonight.
There was a knock on the door, and she knew it was Draco. "Come in", she said drearilly. "We have to do a luck potion, and there are only a few ingridents in the house." Draco said a he stolled in. Hermione sat on the bed. "so, maybe we should go out and look for some the ingredients. What do we have here now?" Hermione asked him. "I'm fully capable of handling this whole list myself. I don't need the help of a mudblood to do these simple things" Draco said with his chin raised. "Draco, I can see right through you! You may pretened to think you are better than every one, but I see a scared little boy, unable to escape what his FATHER wants him to be. It is so clear why you are this way, and nobody else gets it" Hermione said. "The only way you will feel good about yourself is to drag down other's self esteem, and for the record you do need me" Hermione said this time raising her voice. Malfoy just stood there in disbelief, this was the first time anyone ever read what was going on in his head. He stared at Hermione for along time. Her hair was frizzing again and she was so angry she was red and it seemed like steam was coming from her skin. And yet for the first time he realized how pretty she was. "Look, I didn't mean to upset you this bad, but we have got to start on this potion", Draco said trying to calm her down. Hermione face went from rage to confusion in almost an instant. "That's the first time you ever apologized for anything Malfoy" Hermione said still looking at him confused. "Forget it, we already have the 4-leaf clovers, a full hand mirror, pentriom oil, trool blood, and unicorn hair. But we need a gold plant leaf, and milk of lavender.", Draco said. "Maybe we should look in the garden outside", Hermione suggested. "Okay, c'mon" Dracko said. Inside he wasn't thinking clearly, he now saw Hermione in a new light. He know saw the long flowing hair, and the perfectly toned body, the rosy colored skin, and those big brown honey eyes. He realized how smart, and brave, and witty she really was, he was beginning to like Hermione Granger, the mudblood. He never liked anyone at all, but surely she hated him was all he kept thinking. He scanned through the years of his bullying, and she has a right to hate me.
Hermione ran towards the garden, wind blowing through her hair, and all Draco kept thinking of was how beautiful she looked. At the rim of the garden were short spicked leafs pointing out of the dirt. Draco bend down to pull one up, not thinking. "Draco, no, those are mandrake!" Hermione yelled. But it was too late, Draco pulled it up, and its scream knocked him out. Hermione, fortunaly, did quick thinking and did a spell to cover her ears. She then, replanted the mandrake and and levitated an unconcious Draco up to his bedroom. She opened the door to his room, and it was complete opposite, it was messy, and not girly at all. The walls were as gray as Draco's eyes, those eyes she always secretly adored, though it pained her to admit it. She pulled back the covers, and lightly placed Draco in the bed. Then pulled the covers back. He was porbably burning up, so she wet a rag and put it on his fore head. She pulled up a chair next to his bed and took out a book on mandrake. But she couldn't concerntrate, She kept wondering why she was being so nice to Draco.
After a hour or two, Draco finally woke up to find Hermione staring at him with full blown concern, confusion, and beauty in her facially expression. "what..what happened, why is my head ringing?", Draco asked. "Um.. you picked up mandrake, its okay now, you have to rest" Hermione said softly. He could tell she was tired. "You don't have to wait here, I can take care of myself" Draco said while trying to sit up. "No, you can't, lay back down you need to rest", Hermione said quickly. She pushed him back down on his chest. Draco just sat there, eyes open staring at her, and she was staring at him. "Go back to sleep Drack, now, you'll make it worse", Hermione said now raising her voice. Her loud voice was giving Draco more of an headache. He covered his ears and scrunched up his face. Hermione's eyes got big and she whispered I'm sorry. "Whay do you care anyway, you hate me don't you?' Draco said still cupping his ears. "Only because you hated me first, you were the one who flat outdid'nt like me because my parents are muggles!", Hermione yelled. Draco face scrunched some more. "I just can't see someone vunerable I don't know why, anyone else would have just let you lye in that garden patch all night, bo=ut I couldn't just leave you there. Even though you probably would have left me" Hermione said.
She got up from the chair and walked towards the door. "Where are you going" Draco asked. "To sleep, you should do the same" Hermione said as she gently shut his door. She went into her room and slid off her clothes so that all she had on was tanktop undershirt and her underwear. "It is so hot in this place", Hermione said as she fell into the bed. Soon as she hit the pillow she was out like a light. After about a six hour sleep, Draco knocked on her door with intensity. Hermione woke up out of a crazy dream about Flowers. She popped up, and went up to the door, not thinking about what she was wearing. "what time is it?" she asked she opened the door. "about 8 o...", Draco started to say, but he saw how Hermione was dressed. He looked her from Head to toe" not bad", he said Jokingly. Alrm was written all over Hermione's face as she remembered what she had on. She frantically tried to cover herself. Malfoy just stood there laughing. "This is not funny", she said as she ran back into her room. But all that was going through Draco's mind was that she had the body of a goddess.
About ten minutes later Hermione came out of her room blushing dresssed in some low rider jeans and pink shirt, that tightly wrapped around her body. "Don't say a word", Hermione warned him as she closed her door, they both went down to the living area. All that was going through Draco's mind right now, was how Hermione, not he was the perfect the one.

Part two coming soon......
© Copyright 2006 HarryPqueen14 (hellokqueen14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1094207-An-unexpected-love