*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1097257-Moonshine
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1097257
A childrens-esque story about a trip on the moon.
Jacob was small for his age, rather he was small for his mind.He was only 8 but his mind was far older.He had two great loves in his life; Cheese and Photography.To show off his intellect he brang a camera with him everywhere and took pictures of anything that was memorable.Laughing at the other kids with cameras who took pictures of spinning balls.
He was laying in bed one night when his mind was proving too exhausting for him to fall asleep.He step outside and noticed something enormous in the sky.It was ivory and robust.Its shine was brighter than his eye.He thought it must have been so bright because it has stolen the eyes of others that stared at it.He took hundreds of pictures of it untill he fell back asleep.
The next night he stayed up long enough to romantasize about his beauty in the sky.But he noticed something again.The moon was larger than before .He saw something again, it apeared that 3 women stood on the moon singing.He wanted to call out to them but didnt want to disturb his sleeping parents.
So instead he grabbed his camera, but as he threw his arms out the window to take snap shots, all he heard were empty clicks.So he waved the women goodnight and fell asleep in anticipation.The next morning Jacob awoke to tell everyone he knew about his experience the night before.Sadly no one believed him.So he told them all
"fine, but when the moon comes again tonight, I wont tell the women of my friends, because I wont have any".
But Jacob brushed this off, he knew they would believe him when he brings back evidence.That night he went to bed prepared.Filling his body with Twizzlers,Gum,chocolate, and excitement.So he layed uncomfortably silent.Hearing the metalic ticks of his clock,A giant gong rang through his house and jacob knew.
He grabbed his camera and ran outside.His jaw dropped down untill it hit the ground and his eyes almost shot out of his face.A smile grew quickly across his face reaching from ear to ear.The moon was in his backyard.The women were even more beautiful than he remembered, his eyes couldnt believe it.His ears rang with the sweet ambrosic melody through his ears.
The sirens reached down and before Jacob knew it he was being lifted off the ground and onto the surface of the moon. His feet although shaking were planted firmly on the moons inviting soft ground.Before he could say
"Where are we going?" the moon lifted off the earth, out of the back yard and into the atmosphere.As the moon left flying Jacob could see his parents running out of the house and all Jacob did was blow kisses and wave them goodbye.
The moon carried off, for hours it passed by everything that jacob has dreamt about seeing; Jupiter,Pluto,Mars Jacob was there always snapping away while trying to keep awake as the Women sang sweet lullabyes to him.But as the moon was reaching the end of the milky way Jacob put his camera down and whispered "Stop" and so the moon and the Women did.
Jacob turned to the Women and asked them to go back home.Not a note was sung nor a sentenced said for the rest of the trip.They landed once again in his backyard.And Jacob stepped off the moon and onto the roof of his house.As he truimphantly took a breath of air, the Women asked in a sing-song voice
"Why did you want to leave?".Jacob turned around with a bigger smile than ever before he said "I have just met 3 of the most beautiful Women in the world,I mean the Universe" Jacob paused for a moment
"But, The moon isnt made of cheese".All 4 of them knew at that moment and the Women began to laugh and returned singing as the moon carried off into the sky.

© Copyright 2006 Sebastion Argule (dweiner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1097257-Moonshine