*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1097427-Clues-Too-Kind
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1097427
A stubby old detective goes to find a mustache.
Detective Hallowell stood 4 feet tall, he was not a midget yet he was cursed.In his last job to find the secret diamond monkey claw from Colombia. A witch doctor, or Witch M.D. had cursed him because he ran over her dog, and by that she realy ment he had parked on her son.
The witch m.d. was so mad she threw garlic at him, he was blinded and then fell off a cliff destroying his legs. Limiting him to only 4 feet. Hallowell now was in an abandoned 3 1/2 feet high apartment complex. He took jobs like these so that he could feel tall by having to bend down.
His job was to search for a spanish man's mustache.The spanish man had been kidnapped,he refuse to give his kidnappers the satisfaction of their steal, only because he didnt consider himself a kid. So it was more of a "mannapping", instead of kidnapping.
The mannappers were so fed up that all they did instead was shave off his mustache and mail it to the family. The mail became mixed up and the letter landed in this 3 1/2 foot high apartment complex. Hallowell found the letter, yet the mustache was missing, all he found instead was hair.
He threw the letter out in defeat.When all of a sudden, the ghost of the witch's dead son appeared. Who also happend to be Hallowel's private investigative partner. The Ghost told him that the hair was the mustache, and that more importantly that they needed to find the spanish man himself.
The mannappers were kind enough to leave a return addres.So the detective and the ghost took this as a lead and went to the addres. Too bad it was another trick.
This apartment turned out to be 30 feet high. Hallowell felt so short he got anti-vertigo.Or as some witch doctors call it... "Anitgo da verti". He became so depressed that he fell down in anxious disaster.
That was when the mannappers attacked. Yet they didn't suspect a ghost to appear. The mannappers were scared to death,to which the detective claimed the day was saved and called for the spanish man. The spanish man came out of hiding from under the floor boards.
But then the spanish man died from freight as well. Only to be mistaken for a mannapper because he was beneath the floor boards for weeks and looked pale. Also he had no mustache, so he didnt look spanish at all.
All parties affiliated in this case were upset by Hallowells investigating that he was fired and he couldn't afford an apartment for a man and a ghost so he retired to an old folks home,only because he was so short he looked old. Plus his friend was a ghost,and only old people can be friends with ghosts
© Copyright 2006 Sebastion Argule (dweiner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1097427-Clues-Too-Kind