*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1097939-The-price
by Cora
Rated: E · Novel · Environment · #1097939
What is the price of man's vanity and overconsumption?
Jim was a good boy. A little naif, without great goals, just enjoying the life such it is.
Jim worked in a fashion leather clothes as salesman.His chief, Mr Simpson was a very unpleasant person.Always searching how to indulge his employee and to demonstrate his superiority he became a real coshmar for the boy.
One spring day going on his usual sunday walk in the park Jim sit on a bench near to an old and very sympatic lady.With her gray,slightly blue hair,carefully ... and vivid, not deformed by the years face she expressed a calm wisdom. Both stayed without talking, just enjoyng the spring miracle.Once |Jim took a look at the lady and noticed a cartoon box near her.There was a turtle in the box.
Starting the usual for occasionally met people conversation Jim learned that the lady had not a family and because of her age she must go to a
hospice.Unfortunately the pets of the patients were not admissible there.Always taking people pain with stormy compassion Jim suggested to take the turtle and promised the lady to ensure for the animal the best possible life conditions.
After talking some more time about the weather, the people passing by and other things they separated. Jim left with some pain ih his heart as he knew that he would never see the old woman again.He took carefully the box with the turtle and went home.
Next day he was back to work in the shop.For some reason,unknown even to himself he decided to bring the turtle with him.Carrefully hidden cartoon box was placed in the corner, under some
old newspapers.
The day begun with a little scandal about a jacket that Jim had not put on ...Mr Simpson sarcasticly and ...pointed again the uncompetense and the bad taste of his salesman. The boy felt
usual for this case desperation caused by his chief opinion.
Just in the hottest moment of the quarrel in the shop enterred Ms Cherry Goldsmith - one of the most respectful and rich clients .She intended to buy an expensive fourrure manteau.
Mr Simpson shaded up and run to the warhouse to bring the manteau.Meantime Jim,silently sitting in the corner and looking with empty desperated
eyes blamed the destiny.
Ms Goldsmith ...and turning about an hour in front of the mirror buyed the manteau.
After this painful workday finished Jim took the cartoon box from the corner and .... home.He had no wish to eat,not to do something, he just went to bed in the darkness and got asleep.
The next day walking to the shop Jim noticed the car of Ms Goldsmidth passing by and the most strange thing he had ever seen in -the face of this especially pretty girl was a half covered with the same fourrure as her new manteau.
© Copyright 2006 Cora (citrina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1097939-The-price