*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1098935-Revenge-And-The-L-Word-pt-1
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1098935
The conflicts and complications that arise between two rivals and an unknowing girl
[8:30 AM: Middletown School Of The Adolescent Future Leaders Of America....or more commonly known as simply, Middletown High School.]

He paid close attention to her each and every movement. From her long, blonde, hair to the painted toenails in those pink slippers, he took a mental snapshot of that work of art. All he had to do now was wait until the picture developed into clear view. A focused eye led his mind to wander into thoughts of a future relationship….or at least a possible relationship. Snapping back to reality, this ambitious, young, fellow realized the daunting task, which was ahead of him. It wasn’t going to be easy, but----

[Alex] Umm, sorry to interrupt you…but why are you talking to yourself, Ryan?

Alex has been Ryan’s best friend since elementary school. They’ve literally been through everything together including psycho girlfriends, fights, cops, jail, bad pranks, suspensions and routine trips to the principal’s office. That’s just to name a few. Anyway, back to the story.

[Ryan] Oh, I just figured that the narration of my life would help make an awesome movie script, someday. One of the main characters would be that unbelievable hot girl standing in front of us. She would have to be played by someone like Carmen Electra or Paris Hilton. I know you’ve definitely seen one of her movies (laughing and nudging Alex with his elbow).

[Alex] Okay, who exactly is this “unbelievably hot girl” standing in front of us. Please tell me she’s another foreign exchange student because I know you remember what happened with that chick from Switzerland.

[Ryan] How could I forget? Chocolate syrup….lingerie….handcuffs….my dad’s Tazer gun. Ah, that was quite a night. And she actually thought we were going to teach her to speak English.

[Alex] I guess we fooled her, huh? Too bad you woke up the next morning with that huge, red---

[Ryan] Stop! I told you to never bring that up again. To this day, I still have to pee sitting down….umm….back to your question. Her name is Cindy Walker. She just transferred here from a private, “all-girl” school in Florida. I’m thinking that from spending all that time with only girls, she’s going to be in need of a serious dose of testosterone and I’m going to be the first guy here to get into her pants.

[Alex] Dammit Ryan, you always do this with the new girl. You know I hate sloppy-seconds.

[Ryan] Don’t worry buddy, I won’t leave it too sloppy. All I have to do is get a little conversation going, ask her out and those panties are mine for the night.

[Alex] Whatever you say, Romeo…but why are you looking at her through a pair of binoculars? She’s standing just across the hallway.

[Ryan] I just wanted to admire every detail of her beauty from afar. Plus, she’s wearing a see-thru shirt and it’s quite cold today, if you catch my drift (winking at Alex).

After a couple….no, several more minutes of observing his target, Ryan decided to try and approach Cindy to introduce himself. He had a sure-proof technique that worked nearly every time. He casually walked toward her locker. However, right before Ryan was able to open his mouth, he was abruptly stopped by a figure he knew oh so well.

[Ryan] Way to cockblock, douchebag. Don’t you have football practice or something?

The “douchebag” Ryan was referring to was his mortal enemy, Daniel Jenkins (a.k.a. varsity quarterback for the school football team). I would like to say that the conflict between Ryan and Daniel was minor, but it ran much deeper than that. Ever since kindergarten, where Daniel won “best snack helper” for a consecutive 53 times, the two of them have always competed for first. Of course, Daniel would always win and rub it in Ryan’s face until he got to a point of beyond pissed off.

[Daniel] Actually, it’s Friday, so I have a big game to help us win tonight against Riverside High. It’s a shame that you’ll have to enjoy it from the comfort of the stands (laughing).

Oh, I forgot to mention. Ryan used to be quite the football player himself. At one time, everyone would chant his name, as he wore his beloved #13 jersey onto the field. He had the popularity, the girls and everything until sophomore year [to be continued....]
© Copyright 2006 Showstopper (aj2946 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1098935-Revenge-And-The-L-Word-pt-1