*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1115825-Its-Only-A-Movie-pt1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #1115825
A group of teenagers see how unfortunately real a movie can become....
The seconds on the clock slowly ticked by. Everyone in Mr. Harrison’s history class kept their eyes glued to the minute hand while anticipating that single moment of freedom. Listening to another one of his boring, pointless lectures was the last thing that they had on their mind. It was like their brains had instantly switched from the Boston Tea Party to the Saturday night keg party. I guess Fridays have a way of doing that to teenagers.

“Ugh......how long can this old geezer talk for?” asked T.J, with his feet propped over his desk. “Shouldn’t his batteries be running low or something? He just keeps going and going and....”

“Mr. James!” Mr. Harrison interrupted, pointing his chalk toward him. “I’ve had enough of your outbursts this class period. You’re interfering with everyone else’s learning experience. Now, I wouldn’t want you to have to take this up with the principal so, I highly suggest you be quiet and behave. Is that understood?”

“Yeah, whatever,” replied T.J, rolling his eyes back in sarcasm.

After a few minutes, T.J leaned toward the desk next to him and started whispering to his friend, who was fast asleep.

“Oh Ryan! I’m so glad that you came. I’ve been waiting all night for you to come over. I just got out of the shower and I put on that red, lingerie outfit you got me for Valentine’s Day.”

Ryan started smiling, not knowing that T.J was really the one who was whispering to him. He had a tendency to think about his girlfriend a lot so, whenever he fell asleep in class, T.J would take advantage of the situation to get in a few laughs.

“Well, how about a kiss?” T.J continued, deciding to take the joke even further. Just as Ryan started to tilt his head toward him, he snapped his fingers and Ryan’s eyes shot open.

“Dude, why do you have to joke around so damn much!” exclaimed Ryan, punching T.J in the shoulder. “You do this every time I fall asleep.”

“Well, sorry to interrupt you sleeping beauty, but I wanted to know if we were still on for the movies tomorrow tonight? Remember, we were going to go see The Return Of The Night Slasher? We’ve been planning it for weeks now.”

“Of course, we’re definitely still on for the movies tomorrow tonight. My girlfriend wanted to come and bring a couple of her friends with us too. Didn’t you say that you were going to bring your little brother?

“Yeah, he wanted to tag along with me,” replied T.J. “I took him with me to see The Night Slasher last year and once he saw the preview for this sequel, he kept beggin’ me to take him. It’s not a big deal though. He’s fifteen, so it’s not like I’m bringing an annoying little brat or something.”


“Alright, it’s settled then. We’ll go and pick up the girls around eight o’clock. That should give them plenty of time to fix their makeup and whatnot. On the way there, the two of us will stop to get my car from the shop.”

“You mean the Escalade? Oh, we’re gonna be cruising in style. The speakers on that thing hit so hard. I’m definitely bringing my new 50 Cent cd.....”

“Mr. James!” Mr. Harrison yelled again. “Since you seem to be so talkative this class period, I’ll put that chatterbox to good use. Would you mind answering the question I just asked?”

T.J had no idea what Mr. Harrison was lecturing about the entire class period. However, it was common for him to find himself caught in these puzzled moments. That would explain why he had the honors of accumulating the lowest GPA out of everyone in class. He figured it would be best to handle this situation like a true slacker and make up some nonsense to stall time.

“I don’t mind answering your question, Harrison. I don’t mind taking the opportunity to become more attentive and better myself for the future through the help of your great teachings. After all, the youth of today just don’t care about History, but I tell them that History is what keeps us connected to our past. History is what affects our future. History is........”

Suddenly, the bell rang to release the class.

“Awww, darn!” T.J exclaimed, pretending to actually be disappointed. “I was just about to get to my answer too. Well, I guess maybe next time,” patting Mr. Harrison on the shoulder, as he was walking out of the door.”

“Haha, got away with another one. T.J, you’re such a smooth talker”, he said to himself.

“By the way, Mr. James,” Mr. Harrison shouted to him, “your report on the Civil War is due on Monday. I hope that you’ve been working on it. It would just break my heart to see a young man like you wasting away his weekend trying to type a whole ten-page report.”

T.J rushed down the hallway, letting the stress-provoking words fade in the distance. In his mind, anything relevant to school didn’t exist until the first bell on Monday. That idea was going to stay that way, but little did he know that Saturday night was surly going to be a night to remember....
© Copyright 2006 Showstopper (aj2946 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1115825-Its-Only-A-Movie-pt1