*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1099933-kids-wont-stay-kids-forever
by Angela
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1099933
This is about the birth and growth of my youngest brother, how the time has flown.
My dearest little brother,
You were born July 18th 1993. When I saw you for the first time, you were 5 months old. I loved you to death and I still do.

When you got big enough to play with us I was so glad. You were 1 year old. I blinked and suddenly I'm handing you a gift. You were 2 years old. I could see how much you'd grown already and knew you would still get bigger.
I looked away just for a second and you said your first swear word. You were just 3 years old.
We sat down to eat lunch and Mom brings out the cake!! You had turned 4 years old.
I wanted to stop you from growing. But the second I had that thought, you turned 5 years old.
We sat down to eat dinner and I'll be damned! You were 6 years old.
We went to bed because we'd had a busy day and you showed no mercy!! You continued to grow all through the night. I woke up and you were 8 years old.
I went away for a little while. Brother do you remember? I woke up this morning and realized you will be 13 in July.
It felt like a cold hard slap to the face when I realized how much I'd missed.
my dearest little brother I beg for your forgiveness for all that I've missed. I love you dearly and I always will. When you need a friend Brother dearest, you know my Phone number I'll always be there!! Call me squirt!!!

you'll always be in my heart.
© Copyright 2006 Angela (mrs.ulmer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1099933-kids-wont-stay-kids-forever