*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1101485-affection-for-eccentrics
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1101485
kind of a diary entry, inspired by several of my coworkers. not fictional, not this one.
yeah, it's been awhile. ironically, i've been spending my alotted brain time on my writing class. i also took a small promotion at work, but that's not affected my brain time a bit. it has, however, caused me to revisit my philosophy on management. maybe revisit is the wrong word.

maybe the better word is renew. i am renewing my affair with my fellow employees. after a year of disconnect, i have embraced them again in all their quirkiness. god love em.

coworkers i have known: the conspiracy buff who was convinced the lizard people had planted someone outside his apartment building in the guise of a power sander; the cafe guy with filthy fingernails who'd spend his breaks roaming the parking lot with his slim jim; the truly angry guy who, when he left, wrote one of the gentlest letters to his coworkers i've read, then promptly retired to a rest home to get some sleep; the girl who took a fabulous academic scholarship to ireland for the summer, only to return early because she didn't like the sweaters there; the woman who felt unsure about her upcoming roadtrip, and so asked two coworkers she barely knew to witness her last will & testament, just in case; the girl who created such an imbalance in her system due to excessive estrogen in her diet she stumped doctors in two states, then moved to thailand to teach english with her middleastern studies degree; and finally, me, the girl who moved to a different state to leave the ex-boyfriend she couldn't bear to be near and not with, who then moved back a year later because they fell madly in love (again) while she was gone; and the maddeningly irresistable love of my life, who embodies qualities i never thought i'd find together in one person. i can't understand how he's not schizophrenic. i love him so. and we still work together.

who am i kidding? we're all nuts, every one of us. i thank the powers that be i get to work in a place where all of these people feel at home; i wouldn't give it up.

and the thing i love most is that 80% of these fine people would be making that universal vomit gesture if they knew i wrote this. that makes me happy.
© Copyright 2006 Lauriemariepea (lauriemariepee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1101485-affection-for-eccentrics