*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1102077-Mary-Elizabeth
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Draft · Writing · #1102077
I'm most like Mary Elizabeth.
The character from The Perks of Being a Wallflower; that I’m most like is Mary Elizabeth. If you were to describe Mary Elizabeth, she’d be described as very experienced – which I’m not. She’s very out-going, different, and unique. Especially when it comes to her style, her personality, the way she thinks, things she says, and the way she acts. Mary Elizabeth is really out-going, and doesn’t really care what people say, think, or the way they might look at her. She has her belly pierced, and has a tattoo that’s another way her personality is really unique – probably the way she dresses too. Mary Elizabeth is a little bit self centered, and talks constantly. I guess the way she was really self centered was when Charlie asked Patrick and Sam over for Dinner… afterwards in the hall she came up to him and says “What time Sunday?” She says that like she already was invited, maybe as if Charlie just forgot to tell her. Another way she’s kind of self-centered/mean is that Charlie had to buy her something, she asked him too to me that’s not polite. And, when he did buy her something she says “that’s original…” In a sarcastic way, like she doesn’t even appreciate it.
I think I’m a lot like Mary Elizabeth in most ways, but I’m not her, there are a lot of differences too. I’m different, and unique. I guess what they say is that High School and College is your chance to find yourself, the real you, and even your type of style. Everyone has a style, the way they act and dress reflects on that. But, I don’t have one. Neither does Mary Elizabeth. I wear what I want, what’s cool to me, no matter what other people might think of it. I have my belly button pierced – I don’t even know why… I guess I thought it was cool at the time. And, I’m getting a tattoo; I want one that means something. I don’t think I’m self-centered, I appreciate it when people get me things, I guess a year or two back I got all my friends birthday presents, I thought it’s expected that they would get me something too… but they said they forgot. So, I guess my rule was, if you get me something, I’ll get you something in return. I’m not sure if that’s right or wrong. And, another thing I really don’t talk all that much. I remember somewhere in the book Sam told Charlie to let Mary Elizabeth talk, to ask her questions. And, I guess Mary Elizabeth had no problem with that, she just kept talking, she’d ramble off. If my boyfriend, or even my date, kept asking me random questions, I’d probably answer it, but in a lot of ways I’d find it really awkward. I don’t like to talk all that much, maybe partly because I get embarrassed, or I think what I’m saying is stupid. I think I’m like Mary Elizabeth because of the way I act, and I guess my personality. I don’t really care what people think, I know that a lot of people really don’t like me, I have no idea why. And, I’m not going to pretend that I do know. But, I just don’t care. I’m not going to act a certain way to gain friends, I’m me and that’s all I can be.

© Copyright 2006 butterfly21 (butterfly21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1102077-Mary-Elizabeth