*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1102219-Commerce
by Gitana
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Adult · #1102219
It's on human traficking.
PREFACE
"Mom, I'll be fine. I promise," Alisha told her mother right before she boarded the plane that would take her to London. She planned on studying art history for a semester there. "I'll only be gone for a semester. Now let me go. I don't want to miss my flight."

"Alright, I...," Her mother struggled to say the words her and her daughter hadn't spoken in ten years. In the end she couldn't say it, and had to content herself by saying that she hoped her daughter learned a great deal on her trip.

"I love you too mom." Alisha muttered under her breath as she finally boarded the plane.

CHAPTER ONE
Alisha boarded flight number 85 feeling depressed. Ever since her father's death ten years ago, her mother had never told her that she loved her.
Alisha hefted her bag into the compartment above her row. She was lucky enough to have gotten a seat next to a window. Unfortunately her luck ended there because the large man sitting in the seat next to hers smelled strongly of whiskey and was clearly incapacitated. She had to literally climb over him to get to her seat.
When she had settled into her seat, she noticed the man sitting next to her had a half empty glass of whiskey in his right hand. 'What the hell' she thought to herself taking the cup from the man's heavily ringed hand and downing it in one gulp. She had a sinking feeling that she needed it more then he did.

"It's awfully early to be drinking, isn't it?" Asked a young British man in his mid to late twenties.

"Who the hell are you?" She asked wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. With his cropped black hair, clean shaven face, crystal blue eyes, and Armani suit, he looked like he belonged on the cover of G.Q..

"Please forgive me," he began."My name is Adrian Murdock, and it appears that this is my seat." He sat down in the seat closest to the aisle in her row.
The fasten-your-seatbelt light clicked on, so Alisha busied herself with buckling her seatbelt.

"This must be your first time flying." Adrian said to Alisha as they began to take off.

Alisha gave an uneasy nod."Is it that obvious?"

"Yes. It is very obvious."He paused for a moment and looked over at her. "I'm sorry, but I never got your name."

"Alisha Donohugh," she said.

"So, Alisha, where are you headed?"

"London. I'm studying art history there for a semester." She responded.

"Well, it sounds like you're going to have a hell of a better time then me in London." Adrian said settling in for lift off. After they had succesfully lifted off, he unbuckled his seatbelt. He looked over at Alisha to see if she had survived the take off. She had, but barely. She had her eyes shut tightly and had a death grip on the armrests.

"It's alright you know. Your not going to die." He said smiling at her. At that, Alisha opened her eyes and let go of the armrests. She fumbled with her seatbelt but eventually got it unbuckled.

"So, what do you do in London?" Alisha asked trying to make small talk.

"Buisness. I'm in international trade." He responded.

"Oh. What do you trade?" She asked. She was back to her curious self. Or was it nosy self, she thought, smiling at the handsome business man.

"Many things." He said shortly. Alisha wanted to know more, but by the resigned tone in his voice, she thought it was best to drop the subject. She leaned back in her seat,wondering what else London would bring?
© Copyright 2006 Gitana (gitana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1102219-Commerce