*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1102404-madison-goes-to-new-york
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Fiction · Drama · #1102404
madison loves her new job and her life than someone shows up
Madison Montgomery was one of those spur of the moment people. All of her friends had always said that if Madison really wanted something, she would get it, hence to the story I am about to tell you, is how she managed to acquire the thing that alluded her the most.
It all started when Madison got a new job in the town known as “The big apple”, you guessed it, New York City. One day, as she was packing up her belongings, in preparation for her move to New York, there was a knock on the door. To Madison’s surprise it was, Max Biggs, a former boyfriend of hers. They went together for most of her high school years. It was always, Madison & Max, wherever you saw one, the other was never to far away .They were truly high school sweethearts, and according to all their friends, voted most likely to get married someday. All that changed at the end of their senior year when they started applying to colleges. Max applied to an expensive Ivy League college that Madison knew she couldn’t afford and Madison applied to the local
community college. Max’s family was loaded, so the cost of the Ivy League was not an issue, matter of fact, anything he wanted he got. Of course, that was nice for him and sometimes it was nice for Madison, too, as he always took her places that she could only dream about. They had both been accepted to colleges far away from each other and knew their relationship wouldn’t work. They decided it was a stupid thing to try to stay together or try to convince themselves they could make it work. So after graduation, they said their goodbyes and he was gone out of her life for good or so she thought. As she feel her heart melting. She quietly muttered the words “Hello, what are you doing here?” As he opened his mouth to speak, she couldn’t help but stare at him, he looked just like the last time she saw him, five years ago. “I found out that you were moving New York City and I wanted to wish you good luck” and without warning he grabbed her and kissed her. It was like high school all over again, all those emotions came rushing back. Before she knew it, she was wrapped up in his big muscular arms, burying her face in his shirt, losing herself in the moment. Finally she faced him and asked him why he was really there. It was just twenty four hours before she would be leaving to get away from her life in this small town and from the memories that still haunted her. As she turned to say something to him, he smiled at her and bent down and gently kissed her softly on the cheek. Madison’s heart began to flutter and she struggled to keep her composure.
At last she said, “Max, what are you doing here? What is your reason for coming after all this time?” Max went on to tell her how he had never stopped thinking of her. How after graduation he tried to keep her out of his thoughts, he had buried himself in his school work, he had tried dating other girls, but in the end he knew he needed to see her again.
Over the newt couple of months Max and Madison spent every moment together. Max had decided to join her in New York City for a while. The hardly ever left each others sight, except to go to work. Until one day at the gym, when Madison ran into a guy she worked with, he stopped and started talking to her. He asked her how she liked her job and if she was adapting well to New York City. It was obvious he was interested in her and asked her if she would like to join him for dinner. He was a sweet guy and from the first day she had met him, Madison had felt a strong attraction to him. Before she realized it she had accepted his invitation. They decided to meet at a little coffee shop and then they went out to dinner and a movie. On and off throughout the night she kept thinking about Max and how she had lied to him. She had told him she was working late and would grab a bite to eat with some of her co-workers and not to wait up for her.
She was enjoying the night with Paul; he was very sweet and so much fun. He was what they call a true gentleman. When the night was over and he took her home, he kissed her on the cheek and without warning she kissed him back. Over the next few months Madison and Paul repeatedly met and went to dinner. At work they were continually talking to each other and Madison knew they were becoming too involved. She knew she was going to have to tell Max. She struggled with what she would tell him, in her heart she loved Max, but she also had strong feelings for Paul. She told herself she would have to choose one guy; she knew she couldn’t keep doing this to them or to herself. She had to make a decision, Max or Paul??? She had finally decided to tell Max about what was going on.
The day she decided to tell Max was a gloomy day. He was sitting on the couch watching T.V. when she approached him. She forced a smile and began to say what she thought would end their relationship. She told him the whole story, about how over the last couple of months she really hadn’t been working overtime or eating out with a bunch of her co-workers but that she had really been spending those evenings with a male co-worker. He had become a very close friend and she was afraid her feelings were becoming much deeper than just friends. His smile turned into a frown and he sat silently, looking at his hands. She started to cry, saying she was sorry and that she didn’t know why she had done it. She told him that at first it was just the excitement that she enjoyed but lately all she could think about was the possibility of ruining her and Max’s relationship. She begged him to forgive her and after talking for several hours about what each of them wanted from life. Max completely surprised her by popping the question. They got married, six months later, in a big beautiful church in their New York neighborhood. The strange part though, was that Paul met Max and they became best of friends. Paul even ended up being Max’s best man at our wedding. So in the end things did really turned out for the best for Madison, she got the man of her dreams and was looking forward to her life as Mrs. Max Biggs. She is hoping for an event bigger event to happen in the next 9 months!!!
© Copyright 2006 SeniorChick87 (seniorchick87 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1102404-madison-goes-to-new-york