*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1103687-Heros-Quest-Chapter-1--Village-Raid
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rei
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1103687
This is just the first chapter of a book i'm trying to write hope it's good.
CHAPTER 1-THE VILLAGE RAID

"Have you heard about the demons?" Serge asked. People gathered around Serge curiously. "My father, the captain of the third brotherhood in Cantol, was informed that a demon siege was to be brought upon our village. Confidence and confusion spread throughout the crowd.

"Those no good demons can attack us anytime! We'll take 'em out!.....YEAH!!!!" The villagers shouted, but they spoke too soon, for Gaia , Serge's father , had spotted the demons coming their way.

"Everyone!! Ready your arms!!! We shall protect this village with all our might!!!" Gaia ordered."Serge I want you to stay out of this! Go home. I know you already mastered your training as a soldier, but I cannot risk losing you now."

"B-but father! I can fight! I-I wanna fight! For our village! I want to fight along your side!" Serge exclaimed. His father sighed.

"I admire your loyalty to Cantol son, but you cannot participate in this battle. The spies of Cantol said that the demons will be launching a full assault. They have a commander. His name is Astoroth. They say as long as he's fighting, the demons will win. So I want you to stay within the village. If anything happens to you, I want you to fight back with all your might.. If anything is to happen to me, I want you to stay safe and wait until this raid is over." Gaia said.

"Okay..... I understand........be careful father" Serge said.

"I will son." Gaia said. His face looked worried. He knew that he would not return to his son. For he was to lead his army against the almighty deceitful Astoroth. It was like running into a wall full of spikes.
Serge hurried back to the village, and watched his father and the soldiers get ready. Some soldiers who knew of their certain death were very unsettled. They didn't wanna die, but they knew that it was for the greater good .
"C'mon men! I know you are all nervous about this battle, but whenever you go into a fight against an opponent that is far stronger than you, know that there is always a chance that you will win! We must fight for our lives so that our village will maintain itself and prosper for many years ahead! So lets get out there and show those wretched foul demons what we—", The end of Gaia's speech was interrupted by a man's yell from the watchtower.

"Gaia! Look there! The demons are setting up a ranged attack about 200 meters away! Tell your men to get the shields u—" An arrow flew through the air, and pierced the watch guard's head as he spoke.

"No! They must be starting the siege by range! This isn't good, no this isn't good!" Gaia shouted. The men were too late to set up the shield and were being massacred by large groups of arrows. More than two dozen troops had died already. The next attack was by range again, but the demons had another plan. They set fire to their arrows, and burned down the entire village. Serge could barely stand the sight, so he ran and ran, recklessly avoiding the massive fires that consumed his village, until he came upon a ditch that he could hide in. He jumped into the ditch, and watched as the villagers died. Arrows killing every single living soul in the village. The magicians, led by Serge's mother, were to fend off the arrows and protect the village, but most of them had already fallen, and there weren't enough energy to do so.

At noon, the demons had already breached the walls and started to enter the village. Swords clashing and sounds of blood curling screams filled the air, and massive fire still spread across the village. Already, most of the villages men had died. The remaining troops that survived, had fended most of the demons off. Both sides were losing troops every second, but victory looked sure for the village.

"Alright! The Gods are on our side today! We shall banish the demons back to the fiery pits of hell where they belong!", Gaia shouted. He went through a large group of demons who hadn't noticed him, and slain them. He slaughtered every demon in his way until he reached his wife, who was cornered by a dozen demons. She didn't need his aid though, for she had cast a fire spell and scattered the demons. Gaia laughed and said "C'mon! We have to get farther back so we can stop the demons! We can easily wi-" Gaia stopped, only to notice that the demons had stopped and bellowed as loud as they could and one said:

"Doom is the path your village travels today! Face our mighty commander Astoroth and you will certainly lose." Gaia was angered by those words and quickly thrust his sword into the demon's gut and pulled it back out, releasing a spray of its foul blood. The demon had fell to his side and died after a few seconds. Then Gaia turned around to see a demon of death and malevolence.

"He!He!He! Hahahahahaha!!! You are all so pathetic, but I applaud your efforts." Astoroth said while clapping. Astoroth was tall, and wore a dark red cape along with armor that would represent a dark knight. His face was hidden behind the dark helmet which was very unique among demon captains. It had horns on the top and had a Greek Demonic style which struck fear into people, even his men are afraid of him. He took out his Dark sword, and released a swift strike, that was aimed for Gaia. In an instant, his wife jumped in front of him and sacrificed herself so that Gaia would live.

"Nooooooo! Mary! Why!?" Gaia shouted while tears rolled down his cheek. "Astoroth!!! You will pay for this!!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!" Gaia ran towards Astoroth and released a flurry of powerful attacks.

"Ah. A little feisty eh? No matter." Astoroth said in amusement. He simply dodged all of Gaia's attacks with supernatural speed. Then Gaia faked an attack and Astoroth fell for it. Taking the chance, he teleported behind Astoroth and chanted " AMOGE BURNKRISTE!!!!!" He put his hand on Astoroth's back and released an explosion that destroyed everything around them. Although, it was not powerful enough to kill Astoroth. It left him in broken armor and a half burned cape. Gaia was tired, and gasped for air. His battle armor was broken to pieces and he had blood flowing down his skin. Astoroth was filled with rage and anger, for Gaia had destroyed his most precious armor. He turned around and saw Gaia laying on the floor almost dead. "You! You shall pay for this with your life!! Ahhhhhh!!!" Gaia closed his eyes as Astoroth lunged his dark sword into his chest, killing him. The death of Gaia left the soldiers in despair. They looked pale, and surrendered to the demons. The demons laughed and shouted "Astoroth is the greatest! No one will ever top him!!! " The demons left, taking the surviving men to be enslaved. Serge was enraged to see that the demons had overtaken the village. He ran to the other side of the village and saw his mother and father dead.

"Mother!!!!! Father!!!!! " Serge shouted. He sobbed for a few minutes.............."I don't.......... know what to do now.............argh.....Wait.. I know! I will kill that damned Astoroth! I swear that I will avenge you mother and father!! I'll never forget what those demons did to you!" Serge stood up and looked around. The once live village is now dead, completely desolate. Serge's hopes for revenge died down. He didn't know how he'd manage, but just in time, a man came up to him.
© Copyright 2006 Rei (reinard208 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1103687-Heros-Quest-Chapter-1--Village-Raid