*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1103992-My-Life-as-a-Runaway
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1103992
A young girl runs away from home and finds herself in trouble.
Hello, my name is Candice and I have a story to tell. It is about my life. Things you will learn may shock you. So take a seat and listen very well. I will start at the beginning but don't worry. It won't take long. My story may even touch you if you are somewhere you don't belong.

My story starts when I was very young. I was a normal child no one ever even noticed that there was something wrong. My parents always argued. I would sit and pretend I could not hear the words they said. Most of the time they acted like I wasn't even there.

This would really hurt me but I just locked it all inside. I tried to tell them several times growing up exactly how I felt but I would just get into trouble. They would say I was being disrespectful and I should mind my own buisness. After getting in to trouble so many times I gave up trying to tell them how I felt.

When I turned thirteen I finally decided that I couldn't take it anymore. So I made up my mind to run away from home. I made all the plans I needed to make and I packed as much as I could in a blue backpack. I have saved up a little money from babysitting and when I had the chance I took some money from my mom's purse. I hid the backpack outside in a place no one would find it.

The next morning everything went as usual. I woke up at the regular time and got ready for school. When I came downstairs for breakfast my mom and dad were already arguing. I broke in the argument and asked them to stop but as usual they just told me to mind my own buisness. I didn't think the normal time for me to leave for school was ever going to come. When it finally did I left for my journey.

Once I was finally out of the house I snuck to where the bag was hid. I had to be careful no one saw me though because it was hidden in a drainage pipe. Once I had my bag I started walking down the road. I walked almost half of the day before I finally decided to take a rest. I sat down and ate part of the snack I had packed the night before.

After I had rested for about half an hour I started walking again. I had only walked for ten more minutes when a big truck slowly pulled over to the curve. I wanted to run but I knew that it would look suspicious.

When I walked up to the truck the passanger side door swung open. I looked inside and saw the driver was a man about five feet tall and weighed about two hundred pounds. He had jet black hair and a beard and mustache.

When the truck driver, which told me his name was Sam, asked me if I wanted a ride I was relieved and thankful. Sam helped me climb into the cab of his truck and we were on our way down the road. The whole time we were driving Sam talked about the weather, the different places he had bee, and driving his truck. When we reached the next town Sam bought me something to eat and drink.

Sam wished me luck and flashed me a smile as he climbed back into the drivers seat of his big truck. In a minute he was gone as quickly as he had came. I sat around the rest stop for a little while and ate half of the sandwich Sam had bought me.

After my rest I started walking again. By this time it was about three in the afternoon and I knew it would be dark soon which made me very nervous. I had walked for about another hour when a blue Camaro pulled up beside me and stopped. I slowly walked over to the drivers side window and he asked if I wanted a ride.

When I got into the car the man driving started speeding down the highway. I asked him to slow down but he just looked straight ahead and didn't say a word. The driver of the car never said a word the entire time we were driving which made me extremely nervous. When we crossed the state line he stopped at the first rest stop that we came to. He put the car in park and looked straight at me. When he asked me if I was a runaway I sat in silence afraid to answer.

He saw that I was afraid to answer so he started telling me that he knew a man that helped runaway girls like me.
© Copyright 2006 crystal37145 (crystal37145 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1103992-My-Life-as-a-Runaway