*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1104446-Comparing
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1104446
Compare The Perks of Being a Wallflower to a movie...
The Perks of Being a Wallflower was a book about growing up, understanding, accepting... It's a coming of age book - and through the book Charlie starts out as someone who watched life happening and by the time the end of the book... he's changed, he's different, and he's actually living his life... instead of watching in. In my view he learned a lot of lessons so if you were to take one idea and say this book follows it - I'd say the idea is change.

I think, you might be able to compare this book to Pay It Foreward a little bit. In Pay It Foreward there's a little boy who's living his life and he has a lot of problems... His father was an acoholic, and his mother use to be. In the book - at the end, it's not about him being changed... It's about him trying to change things.

Reasons Why It's Similar
The boy in Pay It Foreward and Charlie in The Perks of Being a Wallflower.. In comparison between the two... They both have problems, and they're both trying to find ways to either solve the problem or just to deal with it. I think It was a learning situation in both the movie Pay It Foreward and the book The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Still the main Idea is change.

Some of the differences are the fact that probably the story lines are way different, and the idea of change is differerent. In the movie he's trying to change the ways of people... or actually not even that just trying to make the world a better kinder place. And, Charlie well he's different at the end of the book he wasn't trying to change anyone. I don't think he was even trying to change himself.

You start out one way, but at the end of the storyline... somethings different, if It's the main character, or other people, or even the life they lived. Somethings different, and change is unstopable.
© Copyright 2006 butterfly21 (butterfly21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1104446-Comparing