*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1104876-What-I-Learned
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1104876
What I learned?
Dear Jlaaveg,

It's not mainly about what I learned from the book. I didn't just learn, I guess my view on a lot of things changed.

To tell you the honest truth when we started reading the book, I thought it was stupid. I mean who wants to read about some confused Freshman... but, that was before I read more into it. I feel like as I went through the book, I connected with Charlie. For me, It's like he's not just a fictional character - he's real. To me, he's like some friend who moved away when we were both really young. And, the letters - they're all letters that he sent me over the months after he moved away.

A lot of things are different for me now, after reading the book I think a lot deeper about a lot of things. And, the little things mean a lot more to me. Sam once said that she wanted Charlie to like her for the real her, not what he thought she was. In this book, I think all the characters - sorry, people all the people in this book were different. I think they were better. I learned that you have to look past the surface, there's usually a lot deeper meaning to somethings. Like for instance Patrick being gay - in this school that would of been weird, he would of gotten made fun of so bad, and I think he still did in the school that he was in. But, to some people, the people that don't judge by what other people think or say - to those people. Patrick was just Patrick - loveable, fun, and a great friend.

This book taught me to look beneath the surface. This book taught me not to go by what people think/say, or what's traditional. There's a deeper more important meaning in everything - you just have to look for it.

Not everything is as it appears.
© Copyright 2006 butterfly21 (butterfly21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1104876-What-I-Learned