*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1105910-Darkness
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Inspirational · #1105910
Written for a workshop
I am the one who hides in the dark.
I stand in the doorway and watch the world of light fly by, hunting for the next sacrifice and know I will never truly be a part of that world. I watch the light dance for these people and ask why they must reveal all the secrets; why they can't leave so many with peace?

I am the one who won't come out to play.
I watch all the things these people can do to each other and refuse to offer myself and my secrets up as the next pitiful sacrifice to the all-revealing light. I stand here in the doorway to different world than this.

I am the one who hides with the dark.
I turn away from the door and smile into my world, a place of dark warmth and knowledge. I step back from the light and join the wild dance, moving and flowing with the creatures of the night.

I am the one who doesn't live in your world.
I live in a place that exists for those like me, with darkness in our hearts; a place where we needn't hide ourselves or fear judgment. I live in this world of night-time creatures, and know that, for all their ferocity and passion, they will protect me and all those who have fled the light.

I am the one who has befriended the dark.
I have stepped willingly into its embrace, into the warmth and comfort only the dark can offer me. I stay in this place to protect both worlds, yours and mine. I stay to protect the light and the darkness in my heart, unsure if the darkness would engulf the light, or if the light would sear away the only true comfort left me:

Darkness

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Please, You've gotten this far. Rate and Review.
© Copyright 2006 Grace Jackson (seawitch888 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1105910-Darkness