*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1107832-Learning-the-Hard-way
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1107832
A Man learns the hard way not to become angry so fast.
I did this awful deed I still don’t understand. I wasn’t thinking I suppose, I was inside the house next thing I no he was dead. I could still, as I stand here now telling you this story here the sound of his awful scream and my hands reaching around his throat. My bloodthirsty hands continue to ache because I had wrapped them around his throat so tight. At the moment, no, not now, if I had thought I would feel this way I would’ve controlled my feelings. At the moment all I wanted was for him to die, right there. I didn’t know that I was the one to make this happen, I didn’t want to be the one--never to be the one. He had never done anything to me, nothing that he deserved to die for anyway. It was a stupid insult, that’s all it was. I wrapped my hands around James’ throat meaning to kill him, oh yes, make no mistake this was intentional—at the moment. Not now, I feel as if I’ve murdered my one flesh and blood, my own self. My heart aches as I tell this story even now. Never do what I did, I reacted to fast, I reacted in my human nature and killed a man and his heart no longer beating, his eyes staring blankly at me, his scream haunt me even now.

The bible tells me, even as I write this and feel this emptiness in my heart this, a verse reads:

“Become quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become ANGRY.”

-The End-

By Joshua Hanson
© Copyright 2006 Joshua Hanson (american_rebel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1107832-Learning-the-Hard-way