*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1108015-Black-Monks-of-Dandunia-Part-1
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1108015
Black Monks of a Magical land plan a civil war against an evil king.
Black Monks of Dandunia
Part 1

This event took place in a land called Dandunia. This was the land of Dragons, Unicorns, Wizards, and any other creature that was in any other fairy tale ever told. Have you ever heard of the legendary bravery of the Black Monks? I expect not, no one probably ever has, unless they have been in Dandunia before. However, the story of the Black Monks, or Mountain Monks (for they lived among the hills of old) begins in a Monastery in the Peak of Gerund Mountain. Listen closely and you will hear of the stories long lost of Dandunia’s Black Monks:

This event takes place in the year 134 of King Jaxi’s reign over Dandunia. Since the day that he was crowned King Dandunia has been under the most terrible of depression. Not one of Dandunia’s prior alliances would respond to Dandunia’s calls. They had been attacked several times since the crowning of King Jaxi. The vast majority of the country wanted to plunge into a bloodthirsty civil war. Several time the Black Monks had calmed revolts, since it was part of the religion of Dandunia that the Black Monks were God’s own chosen they had to comply with the Black Monks’ orders.

The Black Monks were made up of a variety of different species of creatures, Humans, Fauns, Wizards, elves, dwarves, and even Unicorn had given itself to the Monastery. To get on with our story these Monks were not against fighting, in fact it was quite the opposite the encouraged fighting if fighting became the answer to the problem. A young Faun-Monk named Julius was very concerned about the people of Dandunia. He began to talk to the head Monk, Frunk (who happened to be a Wizard) about the only thing that could be done was to join with the common people and head into a civil war with the King.

“No, Julius. I will not hear of it any longer. There has to be something else we can do. I do encourage fighting but only if it appears to be the only answer. This isn’t the only answer,” Father Frunk explained to Julius. Julius paced back and forth, his goat hooves creating a haunting clicking noise down the corridor of the Monastery.
“With all due respect, Father, do you have any other ideas about how we can deal with King Jaxi? The people aren’t going to stand for this abuse much longer,” Julius argued.

“Why can’t we wait until the King dies? He has no heir, the people will have to elect another king,”

“King Jaxi has been reigning for 134 years and has not one gray hair on his head,”

“That is a very true statement,”

Father Frunk sighed and continued, “Perhaps you are right. I have been on the defensive side of this mental civil war maybe it’s time to be on the offensive. Gather the best of our warriors. Tonight we leave for the palace.”

Julius walked down the echoing corridor with a spring in his step. Perhaps this night freedom from the King will be at hand.


-End of Part one-

By Joshua Hanson
© Copyright 2006 Joshua Hanson (american_rebel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1108015-Black-Monks-of-Dandunia-Part-1