*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1110682-A-Lost-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Tess
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1110682
A story of secrets
As the sky threatened rain, Sara closed her eyes and willed her mind to take her to a time when all was right in the world...

She looked into eyes bluer than the sky ever dreamed of being. She felt Eric's lips brush softly against hers. She felt his muscular legs wrap around hers. She heard him laugh as she made fun of his hula girl tattoo he had acquired in order to win a bet. He never could stand to lose. He was her confidant and her best friend. He had been with her through the best and worst times in her life. He was there when her first daughter was born, and he was with her when her mother died. He always gave her strength when life seemed so difficult. Was it possible that he was really gone?

The sound of the coffin being lowered into the ground brought Sara back to reality. It was true. Eric was gone. As the first raindrop fell, Sara felt a hand on her shoulder. She knew it was the hand of the father of her children and the man she promised to love for a lifetime. Suddenly, Sara felt so ashamed. Her husband had to be suffering as much or more than she was. His baby brother had just been a victim of a brutal murder and the killer was still on the loose.

Sara looked into her husband's eyes, and she saw a glimmer that she had seen before. She felt the hair on the back of her neck stand on end and goosebumps covered her arms. After he had killed a stray dog with a shotgun, he had the same look in his eyes. The detectives' words began to spin through Sara's mind..."It was definitely a shotgun and it was probably personal. It was someone Eric knew." Sara suddenly knew she did not have a chance without Eric to protect her. She would be next.
© Copyright 2006 Tess (tess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1110682-A-Lost-Love