*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1116359-Dear-T
by Tess
Rated: E · Other · Activity · #1116359
Letter to myself for contest
Dear T:

It is June 7, 2006, and there are so many things I want you to know that I should not tell you. So, you will just have to trust me.

In a couple of months, an event will change the United States forever and will test your sense of safety. The firm will lose a very respected member on that day and you will feel helpless. You will soon learn of a hero, whose actions saved many people that day and whose last words you will still remember five years later. As I am writing this, that day and the decisions made by our government since then are just beginning to affect our family's day-to-day life.

Friends will come and go, but the friend you love so much and has been with you since you were six will, as always, be there when you need him. The friend that is battling drug use will finally get the much needed help he needs. I know you are worrying about him, but he will be fine.

People in your church will disappoint you and the rest of the congregation. You will feel betrayed and your faith will be tested. You have to remember to put your faith in God, not in man. The church will make it through and so will you.

I know you still think about that fateful January night, and you wish you could go back and change the events of that night. There is no doubt those events changed your life and your family's life forever, but they happened for a reason. You do not see that now, but you will.

Most importantly, the kids are fine. Your dream house is finally finished (well almost). (You might want to listen when your husband says that you shouldn't move in until it's finished, or it will never get finished!)

Keep your faith in God and trust your instincts!

Love,
Me

P.S. Don't laugh when people tell you that your metabolism will start to go when you hit 30!
© Copyright 2006 Tess (tess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1116359-Dear-T