*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1110684-Perfection
Rated: E · Essay · Other · #1110684
Perfection... All of us seek it to a certain degree. This is my opinion on it.
Perfection. We all want it, whether or not we'll admit it to each other, whether or not we'll even admit it to ourselves.

Many of us are leading or have led a lifetime journey to seek perfection and enlightenment. The way I see it, we can reach both. All you need to do is look at the way life works.

Many of us define 'perfect' as flawless, without error, immaculate. Even many dictionaries and thesauruses define it that way. So many of us find it's most likely impossible to find perfection, even though deep down we still seek it.

Many of us have said to ourselves, or others, that life isn't fair, or something to that effect. This may very well be true, or it may not. But what is true is that life includes many ironies.

We were not born to be flawless, to never make mistakes, to live without challenges. Life is meant to be a challenge, and we were born with our own unique flaws that provide that challenge. In that sense we are perfectly adapted to life.

Think about it this way- if we were all born without a single flaw, we would all look, smell, think, and live the same way. We would never make mistakes to learn from, and there would be no need to influence others, including through art. There would be no dreams, no goals, no start or finish line. That would be the most boring life that many of us could imagine.

Though I'm only 16, I've realized something really beautiful about my life- I am perfect in that I have flaws that create the challenge in my life. Life works in many ironic ways, including this perfection through flaw.

That's the beauty of life- we aren't identical blobs of gray. We're all born different, with our own unique strengths, weaknesses, tendencies, and flaws. We were all born with our own challenges to meet in life, and when we realize this, and we're ready and willing to take on those challenges, we are perfect in the ironic way of life.
© Copyright 2006 Tiffany Winter Willow (winterwillow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1110684-Perfection