*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1112423-The-Love-God-Wants
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1112423
This explains love for God.
I had a break through a few minutes ago that left my heart full of joy and happiness. I now understand what God wants from us. Of course, I heard it many times before but it never really sank in. God wants love. He wants true, unconditional, everlasting, undying love. He wants us to love him even when the most horrible things happen to us. Yes, God is the almighty powerful ruler and creator of everything. He can do wonders but that doesn't mean we should blame everything wrong that happens on him...but thats besides the point. My point is, is that God wants us to love him completely. This may not hit you with the way I am putting it but what made me realize his need is this phrase: "I will love God even if I go to Hell." That is true love. That is complete, undying, everlasting love and that kind of love is what God is craving so much. It's not about sin, its not about heaven, its about love. If you love God with that kind of love, you will feel complete and, actually, alive. But the feeling of loving God isn't the point, its the actual action of loving him no matter what. Don't love God because it will get you to heaven, love God because God is God.
© Copyright 2006 Holly Ann (hollyann0618 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1112423-The-Love-God-Wants