*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1113308-our-chronic-love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1113308
caillech's love returned from a journey. n now yet again he must leave
Our Chronic love

“Why ‘ello Caillech about time you arrived.” I looked at Robert and smiled. “I’ve got news for you.”
I took a seat next to him in the village pub house. Which was mainly built for humans not the people who lived in the village. “News for me ya say, and what is it?”
“It seems ye have a visitor.” He takes his ale and drinks down the rest.
“Well if it be travelers tell them no, I’m in too good of a mood to have it ruined.” I waited while Robert fetched ale and wiped what ale he had on his beard away. Robert was a hairy lad. A messenger mostly drunk while doing his duty; a human who got along greatly with the creatures of the enchanted land.
Humans were such disgusting people. Slobs and untrustworthy I say.
“So, then are ya going to tell me while I’m alive?”
He started to laugh, “Aye, but you’ll be alive much longer then I. He said standing up. “Your visitor awaits for you in a spot you should know about.” I smiled knowing he has finally come home to me. “Well, I’ll be off. If I’m late this time I lose my job.”
Excitement swarmed through me as I head to the spot.

By the time I got there the sun had set, the stars were out and not soon so would the moon, I moved past the tall, wondrous trees who’ve seen a lot in theirs lives and yet have to see more. The green luscious grass below my feet which was the best bed a person could ask for. And finally I reached the river’s waterfall and by the bank, there he waits.
He sat cross legged on the ground looking to the stars. I crept quietly up behind him, and only a few yards away he sensed I was there, yet he did not look up to see. I got to my knees and wrapped my hands around him and rested my head on his shoulders. “I missed you.”
He smiled. “Well, it’s about time you got here.” I sat down next to him.
“I’ve been waiting for you for months, you couldn’t wait a day.”
“I was hoping we would have this whole day to be together.” I saw on his face that his smile was gone, something was wrong. “I need to tell you something.” My smile as well faded.
“And what is it?” I didn’t want to know.
Several times he moved his mouth but no sound came out. He was at a loss for words. “Tomorrow morning I must leave once more.”
“For how long? I didn’t feel good after he said that. My heart ached for him so badly and now he was to leave me.
His eyes met mine and in them I saw pain. “A long while; I must go fight in the war that is to come.” I could feel tears coming, I tried so hard to hold them back instead little streams of tears rolled down my cheeks.
“You don’t have to, you can stay!” I insisted.
“No I can’t, they need fighters. Us good ones who do have a chance to live against the Mahallechs.” Now I really didn’t feel well. Mahallechs were evil, they were one of the toughest meanest armies in the land of both enchanted and none enchanted lands. Even the strongest fighters were defeated by them.
“Shan! Even the best ones have not a chance against Mahallechs. They’re cheats!” Tears flooded down my cheeks.
When we always fought against them, they spelled all of our flying creatures. Such as dragons, griffons so they couldn’t do a thing, and when we were getting so close to winning they spelled all of the creatures in binding spells so they couldn’t move and just stood there helpless. That’s how we lost our families when they fought in the dreadful war.
“At least we have somewhat a good chance of living,” he whispered and looked down. He was right, we creatures were stronger then the humans, faster and more advanced in our fighting techniques.
“Is there any chance of talking you into staying?” He shook his head. It was silent for a few seconds. My mind was racing; I needed to get out of here. I stood up and stood to walk away. Shannen started to follow after me.
I didn’t want to see him; I didn’t want him to see me crying. I started to run through the trees up the hill to the green meadows. After awhile I felt like giving up on running away and just face the fact to let him see me cry. I fell to my knees the tears coming uncontrollably. He bent down in front of me.
“I will come back.” His hands touched my cheeks wiping away the tears. I looked into his green eyes. “I will, I promise.”
I just kept looking into his eyes, he always kept his promises. “At least let me come with you. You know we’re unbeatable when we fight together.” I pleaded.
Shannen just shook his head, “No, not this time love.”
I grabbed his hand, “You’ll come back to me.”
“Aye.”
Finally the moon came out and Shannen laid back. He loved the moon, he always honored it. When we were little I’d always celebrate the full moon, and one day he carved me a star out of wood for a necklace to go along with his, the moon. The two necklaces symbolized how we completed each other.
I lay back with Shannen and look at the stars with him. “I feel loved.” I looked at him puzzled. “You never cried for anyone; your family, the loss of your horse, or some friends, or even pain. But you cry for me?”
All I could say was, “You are loved.” We both smiled but still I ached. Shannen leaned over me and lightly kissed my neck, “I’m going to miss you, love.”
I wished for this moment to never end, I put my arms around him and finally after all these months our mouths met, and our bodies touched.

The sweet smell of morning filled the air, the cool breeze sent shivers up my spine. I sat up to see Shannen getting a drink from the waterfall. The sun peeked over the trees.
I stood up still tired, he walked up to me and put his sword around his waist and grabbed my hand and we headed back to the village.
The village was small, like a lot of enchanted villages. Humans rarely came here, but mostly what you see in these villages is Mages. Which were creatures who were related to humans but different in ways. We were much stronger and could withstand more pain. That’s why most of the Mages were warriors; we use our ability to fight. Other then being stronger and some other stuff we were just like humans.
Shannen and I are Mages, we were both warriors who fought most of our lives. Now Shannen still fought in wars, and women were to stay out of war. No one knows why. So now I’m a traveler’s guide through the enchanted land, to make sure people come out alive. A very boring job by the way.
We finally come up to the trail, other fighters were on horses ready to leave. I froze knowing this will be our good byes, my hand gripped his tighter. Shannen put his arms around me and I wrapped mine around him and rested my head against his chest.
In my mind I kept repeating Don’t let go, Don’t let go!
“You won’t forget me will ya” He asks that every time we part, I looked up and smiled.
“Just come back to me, alright love.” We kissed and held each other once more.
“Come on, Shannen!” One of the men bellowed.
“You have my necklace?”
I nodded, “Aye.”
He hopped onto his horse. “I promise you love, I will come back.” He grabbed his moon necklace and kissed it. I reached for mine as I saw a tear fall down his cheek and rode off. I kissed my necklace, the tears started to come back but I forced them away.
© Copyright 2006 lost_blonde (lost_blonde at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1113308-our-chronic-love