*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1115425-The-Good-Times-Friend
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1115425
a couple of paragraphs on the way a girl feels about herself.

She sits on the ground, leaning against the wall, no-one knowing the pain she feels. The all stand around waiting for the bell, laughing about this weekend's latest hilarious antics. No one bothers to notice the void of a girl sitting two feet away. Her "friends", you know the ones who laugh at her jokes, but when she really needs them they're "busy". No one seems to care that there's someone so near them that needs to feel wanted, loved, needed. Someone that needs to be the center of attention just once.

They have no idea that everyday she tells herself that she's loved, and everyday those around her prove her wrong. They have no idea that every night she trys to figure out what's wrong with her, and when she can't f ind it, she assumes it's because she's too stupid. Maybe that's why she's lasted this long in the social world. She's too stupid to take the hint that no one wants her.

Why can't she feel wanted?
Just once.

Sometimes she doubts that even God wants her. Why would he want someone as useless as her?

She wants to believe He loves her, but it's so hopeless that at the end of the day, she's left alone again, feeling sorry for herself. And then she feels guilty and stupid for being so whiny and selfish.

And she sits by the wall again the next day and the cycle repeats.....

she is a Good-Times friend...
© Copyright 2006 xtinkerbellxisxlove (xtinkxisxlovex at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1115425-The-Good-Times-Friend