*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1116276-Renave-Gets-Caught-in-the-Rain
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Family · #1116276
chapter 7 in my series of shorts about Renave
Pitter patter…drip drip…the calming fall of rain upon his window soothed his troubled soul…things had gotten dark on him quickly…quicker than he’d thought they would…luckily shortly after the rain had come…he loved the rain…it always left him feeling clean…like the world had given him a chance to start over fresh and clean…he puts his book down and walks out onto the porch to further amerce himself with in the sound of the falling drops…soon it is too much to take and without fully realizing how he got there…he finds himself out in the rain…letting the cooling drops cover his tire and weary body…as he stands there the world fades away…time stops and all that he senses is the rain…suddenly he jumps as he feels a light touch on his shoulder…he turns and nothing is there…unsettled he cannot return to that euphoric state so he returns to the indoors…dripping wet he goes to the kitchen and puts on the tea pot to brew some tea…while the water prepares to boil he goes and changes into his comfy sweats and dries his hair with a towel…as his damp locks fall against his face he relishes the feeling of slightly damp hair against his skin…brought back to reality by the gentle whistle of the tea pot…as he prepares his tea the steam rises to his face and suddenly it feels like a gentle kiss upon his cheek…it was so real he opens his eyes to make sure there is no one before him…convinced it’s only his mind playing tricks on him he returns to his study and picks up where he left off in his writing…his mind begins to wander to happier times…times where the world seemed bright and full of life…suddenly his is caught in another rain storm…beside him is his friend…they had only known each other only a short time but they had become the fastest of friends…people that met them thought they were related but they were not…just two friends thrown together by chance…as they lay out on the lawn letting the sweet drizzle fall upon their upturned faces…they found themselves singing…it was a familiar tune and very appropriate to the time “lying here with you/listening to the rain/smiling just to see/that smile upon your face/ these are the moments I thank god that I’m alive/ these are the moments I remember all my life”…and indeed it was remembered for always…those were special times he’d had with her…wishing sometimes he could go back to those times…that life hadn’t separated them and taken them opposite directions…all he had to do though was close his eyes and he could see that beautiful smile upon her face…the very thought of her brought a smile to his own gentle lips…suddenly he had an idea and he started up from his desk and went to the kitchen once again…he began searching through all his stacks of paper until he found what he was looking for…to him it was more than a piece of paper it was the brightest ray of sunshine anyone could be afforded…he went and picked up the phone and dialed the number that lay upon that ray of sunshine…the phone rang only once until that sweet voice answered “hello Renave”…he smiled…he had known she would know who it was…for the next few hours they talked and talked catching up on the past few days…for it had only been that long since they had last spoken…but for them it felt like ages, they were that close…as they hung up he felt so relieved…suddenly life had hope again…she could always bring a smile to his face and heart…as he looked outside the rain had lessened…in fact off to the distance he could see a patch of stars…he walks back outside to catch last few drops of rain…and again the rain stops time and it is just Renave and the cool spots of wetness upon his upturned face…”lying here with you/listening to the rain….”
© Copyright 2006 Phantom Tears (phantomtears at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1116276-Renave-Gets-Caught-in-the-Rain