*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1121027-Distant-lovechapter-2
Rated: E · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1121027
Chap.2-Camila finds a maid to pose as her and flees town, meets a thief.
Ch.2-The thief



Okay. I've decided to let one of my maids pose for me. Besides, their always mooning over the suitors that come to see me anyway... wait...that could be a bad thing actually.


I walk out into the courtyard and see a few maids. One of them looks a tad bit like me. Her hair's just a little shorter and she's a bit paler too, but she'll have to do because I don't have much time. " Excuse me." I say to her. She turns around from her work and looks at me. "Y-yes Lady Camila?" she says with a nervous voice. I sigh. "Your not in trouble. I just need you to do me a huge favor." I say. "Anything my Lady." she says. "I'm going to go..." I pause and look around to make sure no one like mother for instance is around to hear. "I'm going to go into town today, but I need someone to pose as me until I return. It won't be long, I promise." I say. "But wouldn't you and I both get in trouble for doing that?" she asks. "No. Niether you nor I will get caught. I'll give you a nice reward if you do this for me..." I say teasingly. She smiles. "Is it money?" she asks. "Anything you want, just do this for me for a couple of hours." I say. "Alright!" she says happily. "You two. Follow me." I say to the other maids. They look a little bit suprised, but they stop their work and follow.

I lead them up to my room. "You. Do her hair just like mine, and you put these clothes on her." I say taking my clothes off and handing them to one of the maids. I take the maids clothes and start putting them on, then I undo my hair. I wipe all the make-up off and take off all the jewlery. "If you want, you can put these on her." I say handing a maid the jewlery. She nods. "Remember to speak as properly as you can, but don't overdo it. And when the suitor comes by, don't say yes to my mother if she asks you if you've chosen yet. Or if she asks you what you thought of him, just say he was okay." I say quickly trying to button all the stupid buttons on the maid clothes. She nods to the best of her abiltity. "Alright, I'm off." I say. I try to put on the hat, but I give up and just stuff it in my pocket.

When I reach the front gate, the guards just let me walk on by. Humph. And I have to go through the one hundred questions routine if I even step foot outside the palace. I walk the long path from the castle to the entrance into the town. When I see the place, I get excited. It's a really busy looking place. I look at all the buildings. Most of them are kind of short and averagely designed. I see a sign that says 'Fine Jewlery is but a few steps away. Take this alleyway to reach the best Jewlery store in town.'. I wonder what they consider fine jewlery. I step off into the alleyway. It's a little dark and kind of creepy, but oh well. "Stop thief!" I hear someone yell not far away. When I round the corner to see what all the comotion is about, someone runs into me and makes me fall flat on my bottom to the ground. When I look up to see who ran into me, I see a guy with a bandana wrapped around his head, and some shabby clothes. He's wearing boots and he has a bag with all sorts of jewels sticking out of it on his back. He's panting, obviously from running. "Sorry." he says quickly and runs off. "Well that was wierd.

I continue walking to the jewlery store and see a man standing outside surrounded by guards. I stand back a little and just listen. "He stoled over 350 tores of jewlery!! I can't just let him get away with that much jewlery in his bag!" yells the enraged store owner.(Tores-money basically. 350 tores is like 3,500 dollars.) "Don't worry. The guy's already wanted for stealing more precious things than jewlery. Once he's locked up, you'll get your things back." Says one of the guards. "Thank you." says the store owner as he turns and walks back in. Wow. That's a lot of Tores that man just lost. Oh well. I just pass the jewlery store on by and keep walking around.
© Copyright 2006 Fantasia (sweetami at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1121027-Distant-lovechapter-2