*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1121077-Distant-lovechapter-3
Rated: E · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1121077
Chap.3-Camila finds theives guild. Get's to know Arick the guild leader.
Ch.3-Living by what he takes



I'm so into this townlife. Sometimes I wonder why people are so quick to say they want to be royalty when they have so much more freedom than any royal family. I always heard the palace workers saying things like that, and I never understood why.


I start to get a little hungry. I hadn't eaten at all today. Then when I turn a corner, I smell something good. Man I sure can't wait to get some food. I follow the smell and wind up somewhere odd. It looks like a run-down blacksmith's shop. I enter it anyway.

When I walk in though, everyone who seemed to be talking quieted and looked at me. Man, I hate being the center of attention. Someone walks up to me. "Are you one of those Castle maids? What are you doing in a place like this?" asks the guy that walked up to me. Man he's tall! It makes me feel slightly uncomfortable. "Well, I-I got hungry and smelt food here so I thought mabey I could find something to eat here..." I say quietly. The guy laughs. Oh, now I feel even more uncomfortable. "Hey Arick! This girl must not know where she is, does she?" asks the guy to the back of the place. The person he's speaking to looks familiar. He's sitting back there at a table with jewels spralled out everywhere. There's a bandana on the table too...it's the guy that ran into me when I was walking!

"Huh? What are you doing here?" he asks approaching me. " Don't you know where you are? This is the thieves guild." he says. "Theives guild?" I ask astonished. Oh no. I'm in a room with about twenty thieves! Talk about digging yourself a big hole to die in. "I didn't know...I just came cause I thought I could eat here." I say. " Don't worry about it." he says. "You said you were hungry? You can eat here, but I'd suggest you don't stay long. Seems like your getting a lot of attention." he says. I look around and see all those thieves staring at me. Yech! He leads me to a back table. " I'm sorry about running over you like that earlier. I was in a hurry. Even though those guards couldn't catch me in a million years, It's bad if they see your face." he says picking up the bandana. "Yeah. I guess so." I say. "You know your actually the first person to find this place." he says. "Well I wonder why. The place looks just about abandoned." I say. "That's exactly why we chose it as the thieves guild. What do you want to eat?" he ask. What do townspeople eat??? "We've got lamb and a lot of other stuff. Take your pick." He says. Lamb!? That's a cheap brand of meat. But since I don't know what else they have, I guess it'll have to do. "Okay. How about some lamb then?" I ask. he nods. Then he gets up and walks off for a bit.

I hear some people at the nearby counters talking. "Arick is lucky, being the guild leader and all. He drags a girl like that all the way here? It's not fair I tell you." says one guy. "Yeah. But look at her. She looks like a maid. She's not that special." says the other guy. So, Arick is the leader of the Thieves guild? He must be pretty important among these people.

Arick comes back with my food. "It's not the best, but hopefully it'll fill you up." he says smiling. I don't care what it is, I'm just hungry. "Thanks." I say. Hey, where's the other fork? I only have one, and there is no knife nor is there a spoon on the other side. Oh well. This must be the way they eat. "What's wrong?" he ask. "Oh. Nothing." I say as I start to eat. After I eat a good bit of it, I look over at him. He's sorting through the jewlery now. "Um, exuse me, but why do you steal things like this. I mean, there's no real value to it." I say looking at the jewlery. It's not really bueatiful, yet it's not exactly cheap looking junk either. "I go out of town sometimes and sell this to unsuspecting gold buyers. They pay me a sum depending on how much all the gold I buy weighs. It's how I live, and how this guild survives." he says. "It dosen't look like much to me." I say. Arick laughs. "I mean the people in the guild." he says. "If we don't steal , we can't live. People may call it low down, but we've got to live by what we take. I'm sure other people would do it too if they had no other means to live by." says Arick. I nod. Mabey I am a little lucky. I kind of pity him. "Anyway, I think I should be going." I say to him. "Thank you." I finish as I stand up to leave.

Arick stands up too and follows me out. "Come around again sometime if you wish. It's not everyday we get new faces around here." he says. I nod. "Will do." I say as I leave. Living by what he takes eh? Some people do have to work hard to live in this world, i've learned.
© Copyright 2006 Fantasia (sweetami at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1121077-Distant-lovechapter-3