*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1123453-The-Revelation
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest · #1123453
Take My Phrase Contest. How a man reacts when his wife is leaves him. 341 words
“Why?” A heart-broken man pleads. “I love you! Don’t you love me still? It’s been 10 years!”

“I just don’t love you anymore and I want to be with Julien.” Candace coldly remarks as she sits at the kitchen table. “We’ve been seeing each other for the past six months. I can’t stand the lying anymore. I want to be with him and not you.”

“What does he have that I don’t?” Sobbingly, he plants his palms down onto the countertop to keep himself from falling.

“He has me. He’s young, exciting, and we do things together. Things you wouldn’t even do. You were always busy working so I found someone who wasn’t too busy for me.” She pauses for a dramatic effect. “I even take him to De Coco’s for dinner!”

As soon as she drops that bombshell Harold’s face starts turning beet red. He then pounds his hands onto the countertop so hard that it knocks a bottle of vinegar off of the counter, crashing into the floor.

She was a little shocked at his reaction. She hasn’t seen this much emotion coming form him in a very long time.

“What? You took him to our restaurant? The place I proposed and gave my undying love for you? Have you no shame? Wait.” he stops. “Has he been here? Answer me!”

The silence was deafening. All that was heard were drops of vinegar dripping to the floor.

The look on her face says it all. He couldn’t take anymore of this information.

“Get out!” Grabbing her arm he pulls her up, and heads for the door. “Get out and stay out!”

“Harold, you’re hurting me!” She struggles to get loose from his tight grip.

“I don’t want to see you again unless it’s with divorce papers to sign. And don’t even think about getting money! You won’t get a cent! Not even your precious clothing! Let your “perfect” boyfriend pay for everything!” With that, he shoves her out of the apartment and slams the door in her shocked face.
© Copyright 2006 starr4all (starr4all at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1123453-The-Revelation