*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1123754-Animals-Incorporated
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1123754
Something horribly wrong goes down in an evil company.
(Re-release of my story from a while ago, my favorite as well)

John stares at his one-year-old building that has been carefully constructed. He reads a huge red sign that say’s Animals Incorporated. He laughs at this. John walks towards the transparent doors and suddenly stops. He places his left hand onto a scanner because his right hand is holding a black-leathered brief case. The machine scans his palm, recognizes the owner of the company, and makes a beep. Two of the transparent doors slide open automatically and he walks in. The doors then slide shut. John’s black suite, at the bottom of it, swings from side to side as he walks. John then takes an elevator, a quite cozy one in fact, to floor number forty.

He walks into a room that is in front of the elevator and takes out a card. He swipes the card near the door and the door then unlocks. He enters the room with a smile on his face. John takes a seat on his leather-spinning chair, which is located right behind his desk and computer. He lifts up his brief case and flops it on the table making a loud sound. Looking around and making sure no one is near, John enters a three-digit code on his brief case. He opens it up but suddenly beams his head towards the left side of the desk. John stomps his fist into the desk and screams.

The fist left an indent in the desk. He presses a button on the intercom and shouts, “where in the hell is my dinner.” A voice answers with a stutter. “S-s-s-sorry, s-s-sir, I’ll get it ri-right away.” John groans and turns on his laptop. He takes out everything in his brief case, which is one piece of paper. John then takes a look at it and quickly skims through. Today…three born…one slaughtered…health rate one hundred and…the stock that is left are…The door suddenly opens. John puts the paper into his brief case and locks it.

“Why the hell didn’t you have my dinner prepared before I came?”
“I’m s-s-sorry but…”
“You have no excuse, will I have to proceed in…”
“No, please s-s-sir, it won’t happen again. Let me please inform you that two people are here to see you now.”
“Damn it! Send them in.” John doesn’t turn his laptop off but closes it. He then quickly puts the brief case in a desk drawer that needs a five-digit code to open. John sits on his chair patiently, waiting for the people to come in. As they do John puts on a big smile. “Hello, how are you folks doing today?”
“Fine, just fine, thank you for asking.” The male figure answers and continues to talk. “We would just like to know how this whole company works and how it will benefit us.”

“Yes, of course. Here in Animals Incorporated we do research on dead animals. Excuse the grotesquery of this matter but we find cures in these dead animals to…One hundred percent heal sick, live animals. They turn out stronger, faster, and healthier. With the plan that we provide people such as you, may I add two beautiful fine people, with a special and legal stock that will gain you a great amount of money if you just pay a small fee. This fee will help us research while insuring you with future pet protection and wealth.”

“How can we be sure that we will get money and how much is this small fee?”
“This legal document says if you are not satisfied with the profit you make you can return it to us and we will give back any money you have given us. This would be one thousand every month.” The male figure’s mouth opens wide in disbelief. “One thousand? Why that is…” John cuts him off. “Sir, this is no game. You will get much more money then you will ever imagine by just giving us practically nothing. All you have to do is sign here, I will sign there, and you must provide me with your bank account.” The whole deal goes through well and John records the bank account number on his laptop.

He mutterers to himself “what a fool. Hey, this is business.” John opens his laptop again. He double clicks an icon and a video opens. This was actually not a video but in fact John was looking into a camera. “I see all the pets are present. Ha ha ha, sometimes they are so weak.” He turns the camera control off and eats his diner. This time it is steak. What he had last time was steak and before that, steak. John doesn’t call it steak but rather coined up his own name, which he prefers to mutter to himself aloud. He has been having steak for half a year. No side dish, no potatoes, no carrots, just steak. Not even any kind of sauce. He would say all this ruins the flavor of the steak. Some employees know that when he says that, it is a lie.

After eating his steak John feels rejuvenated. He feels happy and sits there to let the grinded up steak settle in his stomach. Now that John sees everything is in order, he looks back at his laptop. He opens up a program that lets you get your money from your bank or deposit money. He opens up his desk after inputting a five-digit code and looks beside his briefcase. There he sees many pages stapled together. He takes it out from the desk and looks at the third page. “O.k. Marine, you’ve been with this program for a year now.” Beside the name are a bunch of letters and numbers. He enters these letters and numbers into the bank program. “Oooo, I see you're pretty rich Marine. You should not give bank accounts to strangers.” John click’s a bunch of buttons and types a bunch of letters and is $100,000 wealthier.

He then hacks the program, destroys Marines account, and shuts off the laptop. “Let the bank deal with your money problems. It’s their fault your account got lost, is it not?” John laughs again, finding much humor with his job. He puts the stapled papers back into his desk and closes it. To himself he thinks I better see if the animals are o.k. in person. I would die if something were to happen to them. John smiles and walks to the elevator after he takes his suite off and hangs it. He then presses the B button on the elevator, for basement. He walks down the hall and sees a guard that says “good evening sir. How are we today?”
“Fine. How are the animals?”
“They are doing well.”

John enters a code to access the door in front of him. He continues to walk until he reaches a square room with a whole bunch of computers and machines on the left side, behind a bulletproof glass window. In the middle stands the area where the animals are kept. It is surrounded with a spherical steel cage. The only openings are 4 strips that are around on the sphere. This lets you see the animal without getting attacked. Yes, these animals are not dead. They are actually alive. The sphere is also connected to a breeding room, a feeding room, and a room for the animals that die. John peeks into the strip opening and tries to find one animal. He sees one far away. Suddenly, an eye pops up at the strip. This scares John as he hears a growl and snarl. This eye had a yellowish color to it, almost gold. He moves back and goes into the room on the side behind the bulletproof glass. There, scientists in white suits stand, doing the jobs they are assigned to. John says, “Vanessa, are the animals doing good?”

“Yes they are a little grumpy but their heart rate is doing fine.” John nods his head and leaves to the breeding area. A stench hits his nose, a very fowl stench. An animal behind the unbreakable glass is giving birth. It growls in agonizing pain. As four babies come out they quickly eat the mother. John laughs and leaves. After an hour the mother was completely gone. The babies left nothing but a bloodstain. John goes back up to the 40’Th floor and gets out his briefcase. As he was about to leave he starts choking. He struggles for air and runs to the bathroom. He throws up into the toilet. John screams with all his might “damn, freaking hell. Son of a bitch.”

The barf not only contained the digested steak but also contained green mucus. John decides to deal with this problem later and puts on his suite. He picks up his briefcase once again and drives home. John waits till the next day. He doesn’t wait till the morning to go to work but goes at 7:00P.M., which is his diner time. His usual routine occurs until he reaches his desk once again and once again his steak is not on the table. John forms a fist and swings at the laptop, breaking it into pieces, he then snorts and screams. He bursts open the door and presses the elevator button. Suddenly, as the elevator was about to open, an alarm goes off.

Red flares on some of the walls start flashing in the building. As John was about to go back and take a look at the live video cameras he remembered what he has done to the laptop. The elevator stops at floor 39 and does not move any further. A recorded message then starts to play and replay. “All personal, evacuate the building. Code red, code red. All personal, evacuate the building. Code red, code red.” John run’s back and retrieves his briefcase. He rushes towards the stairs and calmly but aggressively runs down them. As he reaches floor 20, and still has the energy to run down 1,000 more stairs, he meets up with Frank. “S-s-s-sir are y-y-ou alright?”
“Yes, everything just fucking peachy, except for the fact that you didn’t bring my diner again and another…”
“They have es-s-s-s-scaped.” The two men go silent.
“How could this have happened?
“That’s what Vanessa is s-s-still trying to find out. F-f-follow me to area X.”

They slam through floor 19’s door and hurry around corners and through more doors. They end up in a very nicely decorated room and Frank walks over to a painting. He quickly removes it and says “well s-s-sir, do it at all costs.” John inputs a code, gets an eye and finger scan, and a beep is heard. A door that is camouflaged to look like part of a wall open’s up. They continue running and finally enter a secure room with, thick steel doors, weapons, video surveillance, and the whole nine yards. Vanessa speaks “We had to execute one of them and somehow the worker managed to let it escape. It ran into the breeding room and ripped off the door to the miniature ones. They ran loose and started to kill the scientists and workers. You can take a look at the camera. The ones in the sphere dome are still trapped. We have to get back down to the basement if the situation gets out of control then press the red button to kill them off. Mean while we can use these machine guns and shotguns to kill off the ones already freed. I called our army already and they are on their way. I better stop chatting and we have to kill those sons of bitches.”

John gets sick and throws up again. “Fucking hell, I haven’t had my diner.” Vanessa replies, “Damn it, stop worrying about eating them and start worrying about killing them.”
”You don’t understand Vanessa…” Before John could finish his sentence he notices that Frank is gone. He checks the video cameras only to find massacred bodies. He takes two machine guns and notices one shotgun is missing. “Whatever you do, do not kill off all of them. We need at least two or our whole fucking company will crumble.” John takes the stairway to the basement as Vanessa stays to monitor the cameras. Half way down the stairs John notices someone in the corner crying. As he looks closer he realized it’s the female that visited him yesterday with the man interested in the stock. She slowly mutters, “He’s gone, they’re all gone, I’m next.” She becomes silent and stares at John. “You bastard, she screams, it’s your entire fault. Why? I knew there was something wrong with this place.” She begins to cry again. John is confused. He doesn’t know whether to help her or laugh at her misery. He almost felt nothing in his decaying heart and his decaying brain. He continues down to the basement and reaches the final door. He sees the door with a ton of dents.

He slowly approaches it and looks through the glass at the middle of the door. John looks at the beast, circling the area and then ramming itself into the door. The creature or, beast, sees John. It also sees the opportunity to dive through the glass. It run’s back and then to the door for extra strength and leaps. As the beast was about to hit the window it blows up as a gunshot is heard. Blood splatters across the glass window. John doesn’t know who or what it is. John slowly opens the door. “Don’t worry its F-F-F-Frank.” John sighs and runs to him, looking at the shotgun Frank holds. “I found the control panel, it’s right over there. I s-s-still could not find any other of the monsters." Frank runs over to the panel. John shouts “no!” Vanessa watched through the camera and says to herself “yes, Frank, do it. Please, I want these things and this place to be destroyed.”

She watches Frank’s finger move toward the red button. What Frank didn’t see was the machine gun pointed to his head by John. Blood spurts over the panel and Frank instantly dies. Vanessa closes her eyes and breathes out a heavy breath. A tear comes out of her eye. She screams, “Fucking hell, I’ll kill you John.” She takes a machine gun off the wall and run’s down the stairs. What Vanessa did not see was Frank’s head, which collapsed on the panel activating a button that opened the steel door. John panics watching the steel door open and the beasts, fighting with each other, trying to get out. John run’s near the control panels and hides in-between one of them, knowing he couldn’t make it to the stairs or the pad locked door. He can hear the creatures breathing getting closer to him. John smiles and thinks to himself, is this the way my life will end. Getting killed by a couple of animals. The creatures slowly start to peak into the control room until suddenly, BOOM, the door leading to the stairs burst open.

It was Vanessa. “Damn it John show yourself you pussy. I will shoot you down.” Then she sees the steel door open and the beasts approaching her. Her mouth opens wide in disbelief. She never had seen them so close, their dark red skin, razor sharp yellow teeth, crawling on all fours, huge big beasts that can tear a person up in mere seconds. She gazes into its golden eye and fear consumes her. She does not run nor does she shoot. The beasts make a loud growl and then lunge at her. John makes a run for the pad locked door and enters it. It closes behind him and locks and the only thing he can now hear is the scream of Vanessa. As he heads for the stairs to exit the building the army finally comes. “Sir where are they?” John points to the door he came from and they run towards it.

John laughs, “Nobody kills my babies. They are my life and you cannot destroy my life. If you try, I will destroy you. O yeah, I still did not have my lunch. I really need my lunch or else… Suddenly John starts to groan and moan. He barfs again and screams. His eye turns golden and his skin turns red. His body starts to transform into, one of them. He growls and runs for the army. The other beasts already took half of the army out and now more will die, from John. Well now he has no name. He is not human anymore. This so called company had corrupted him, especially the beasts, which corrupted him the most. He had basically eaten so many of the beasts or the so-called steak that he ate himself to his death, a death that not many will remember. The building still stands in the silence of the night.
© Copyright 2006 PancakeMaster (pancakemaster at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1123754-Animals-Incorporated