*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1126194-Goodbye-tonight
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Relationship · #1126194
It about a boy who has to leave and leaving behind a love that never came to be.
Side by side they walked down the street. Occasionally she glanced at him. This is goodbye she thought. The silence was killing her. She wanted to speak, but the words have lumped themselves in her throat. Trying to gain the ability to articulate herself, she is unable to control her other emotions and actions her body is throwing out.
Tears slowly stream down her carefully painted face. Mascara running down revealing her bleeding heart; which is slowly being eaten away by the cavity that has formed and can’t be fixed.
He finally takes notice of what is going on. He takes her hand and squeezes it tight. Letting her know everything will be alright.
How could his hand be so warm on such an artic night?
She can’t bear it anymore. She stops him in his tracks. He faces her looking into the hazel pools of pain, the ripples of the current rushing down the cliffs her face.
“I love you,” she said while swallowing back her nerves.
“I know you do, but I still have to go. In a way I think it was meant for us to not have gotten together, for this moment would be even harder.” While saying this he brushed back her bangs and wiped away the best he could the smeared mascara.
“Just know I take with me, you in my heart everyday. Even if someone else comes into my life, you will still have a designated spot in there.”
“And I, for you.”
In that moment she wanted to kiss him, allowing that sensation to fill the cavity. But all she could do was embrace him leaving small droplets of her essence on his pea coat. She kissed the temple behind his ear, and whispered, “Never forget this moment.”
And with that he embraced her harder and cried. He wanted to remember her just like this vulnerable, loving, just his.
Feeling herself losing the ounce of sanity she had left. She quickly pulled back from his embracement, straightened up his coat to match the creases already embedded in the wool. She tapped his heart with the tip of her fingers, and walked away.
He was left alone.
Finally he realized what it meant to feel cold and empty.



© Copyright 2006 Latia-Janel (esthertevah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1126194-Goodbye-tonight