*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1126226-The-Inner-Child-Once-Again
by Deeje
Rated: 18+ · Article · Spiritual · #1126226
The author understands a key element into fully believing in Christ.
Babysitting for girls who are of a young age makes you tap into the child that lies within each of us. At least, that is what has happened to me as I baby-sit during the summers as I get away from the hassles of classes, exams, and textbooks. I watch two little girls who love watching my old childhood favorites as it came to movies. We’re talking about a boy who doesn’t want to grow up and his companion who is a tiny fairy that is always jealous of these girls that the young man brings into their land of make-believe. That’s just describing one of the movies that many of us grew and grow fond of time and time again. It amazes me at how these nonexistent lands and stories of girls getting the wedding with young men that would be considered out of their league this day and age can be believed by the two girls I watch.
After doing my own Bible study as the girls slept I coincidently read through the passage with the ever so famous Doubting Thomas. We are all like him at some time or another. The main difference between us and him is this. He believed in Christ. He just couldn’t believe Jesus was there with all of them in the flesh. We, on the other hand, want to see the flesh, not just touch His wounds.
It would be all too easy for us to believe in a God we could see and touch. Many Christian understand why it is hard for nonbelievers not to believe. At times, when people ask us, the believing Christians why we believe in something we can’t see, we can’t answer. We don’t’ know how to quite place the words. Some of us can go as far as to say as we speak more and more to nonbelievers, we sometimes have begun to question Him ourselves.
How is it that we as adults can barely believe in the Father who created each and every one of us? Aren’t we considered children of God? If we are His children, then why do we quit belivieving? How is it that kids such as the two young girls I baby-sit for can be in nonexistent lands and fairies, yet, we can’t believe in a man, a god, who explains all the hard and miraculous things that happen in our life? Here’s one theory.
Just as we grow older in our human forms, we have an inner part to us that keeps us childlike, I believe in a spiritual sense; we have a part in us that is childlike. While as mortal adults, we crave to know within scientific limitations how this and that came about or in an artists mind what heaven will look like, the child that Christ Jesus sees each one of us as we’ll believe whatever our Father instills in our heart to believe. Many of us fail to listen to our hearts. Many of us get too caught up with what the world deems as true. Too many of us are trying to fit in with a land that doesn’t even matter, because it is doomed anyways. We focus so much with pleasing man above God that we no longer believe in the heaven that Christ Jesus left earth to go to prepare. We no longer adore the child born in Bethlehem, but a jolly fat man. The list goes on. If only we were Christ’s children again.
Allow me to help you dwell on what could be if we run back to the Father. We would again believe in a land that many don’t believe in. These are the same lands such as the ones that exist in the stories and movies that we grew up around. The land here you don’t’ grow old and nothing is wrong with you. Life is all you could ever dream of.
We would again have that hero. The hero we could call upon both day and night. The one we know would never let us down. I must warn you though. Just as the heroes that wore a cape as we grew up and fought crooks were laughed at by those who said you’re too old to believe, this hero (if you believe in Him) will cause you at times to be named naïve to hold faith in Him.
We again would have a friend to talk to and call upon. It’s the same sort of friend as the pretend friends many of us had as kids. The one we’d vent to during those times we were sent to our rooms and upset with our parents. The same friend that many adults find foolish to believe in only because they quit believing themselves... The same sort of joy we once felt as a child. Have I tuned into your childhood memories? What is true here on earth is true for you in heaven. Sometimes you have to act like a child. Sometimes you have to tap into that energy and let the child of Christ you were to be shine through. Odd enough, it can become quite contagious so, let the inner child come out to play and see what you begin to once again see through those different eyes of yours.
© Copyright 2006 Deeje (backinaction05 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1126226-The-Inner-Child-Once-Again