*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1127874-Distant-lovechapter-5
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1127874
Camila returns to the guild becuase it is her only resort.
Chap.5-Back at the guild


I don't know where to go.The city looks abandoned at night, and I don't think that anyone's going to let some strange girl off the streets come into their home. Then I remember Arick and his guild. Mabey I can go back. After all, he did say that I could come back at any time. But he still dosen't know I'm royalty. I think for a bit. He dosen't have to know.

I make my way to their hidden guild and open the door slowly. No one's around, but then I hear something in the back of the guild. I creep back there slowly. I peek around the corner and see Arick sitting at a table with a candle lit and he's looking at a paper.

"Um, Arick...it's me." I say.

He looks up startled. "Oh, your back...I didn't think I'd be seeing you for awhile." he says standing up. "So what brings you here so late at night?" he ask me curiously.

I hesitate a bit. "When I was on my way back to the castle, I-ow!" I say. I almost forgot about my wound. "Huh? Your injured. What happened to you?" he asked.

"I was attacked." I say.

"By who?" he asks. "Here, sit. I'm going to get some stuff to fix that." he says walking to a cabinet on the far end of the room.

"Some guy who claimed he was my uncle. When I arrived at the palace, everyone was dead. I don't know what happened. And...my mother..." I say trailing off.

"What about your mother?" he ask with a confused look on his face. He starts to bandage up my wound. "Looks like he used a weapon. The wound is pretty bad." he says.

I nod. "My mother is no more." I say sadly. "He said something about my family being cursed." I say, sort of thinking to myself.

"Cursed? Are you sure this guy wasn't one of those physco magicians or something like that?" he asked.

"It seemed like he knew what he was talking about." I say. "He tried to kill me too. He said that he would come after me." I say.

Arick looks like he's thinking. "No he won't. I'll make sure of that." he says.

I start to cry again though. I still can't belive my mother is gone. "I shouldn't have left the castle!" I say sobbing uncontrolably. "No. It's a good thing you did. Otherwise you may have ended up like everyone else." He says. He puts a comforting hand on my shoulder. I eventually stop crying, but I still feel terrible. "Why aren't you at home yet? It's kind of late." I say.

"This is my home." he says with a small grin. "It's not much, but it is shelter from the rain, you know?" he says.

I nod my head. "Your right." I say.

"Why don't you rest here tonight? There's another room in the very back." He says helping me up.

"Okay." I say, and he shows me to the other room. Wow, this is a drastic change from my real room. "Good-night." he says as he walks out.
© Copyright 2006 Fantasia (sweetami at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1127874-Distant-lovechapter-5