*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1127848-Distant-lovechapter-4
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Fantasy · #1127848
Camila goes back home, and finds something shocking and unexpected.
Chap. 4-Trouble

Once I'm done exploring town, I decide to go home. I look to the sky. Gosh, the sun's already setting. How long did I stay away? Anyway, once I get to the palace, I notice that it's very quiet, and an omnious aura fills the air. I shrug it off. When I walk into the palace however, a feeling unlike any I've ever felt before fills the air. Our palace guards lay on the floor, dead. What just happened? Then I think of mother. I start up the stairs still shaken by the eerieness and hear a voice that sounds very familiar.

"Lady Camilia, is it you...I've been waiting for you for quite some time now." they say. It sounds like a male.

"What is going on?" I ask a little shakily.

"Don't you remember me, your own uncle?" says the man as he steps out of the shadows. I've never seen him before. He has long dark colored hair and cold blue eyes. His kind of tall, and he has a weapon in one of his hands. I get scared.

"The maid you chose to pose as you, was a poor choice. I could tell almost instantly that it wasn't you." he says walking closer to me. "You seem to dislike your life here. But for that dear niece I don't blame you. After all, this family is cursed." he says.

I back up. "Where is mother!?" I yell.

"She is resting like all the others in this palace." He says with an evil grin.

My eyes widen. He couldn't mean...that she's dead?

"All that's left is you, sweet Camila." he says. "But we can't have that, can we?" he says trying to attack me. What the heck is going on? What does he mean that our family is cursed? I just barley miss his attack. I've got to get out of here. I start running, but somehow, he ends up in front of me.

"Camila, if you are running because you want to live remember this...power is all and yet it is nothing. If you run from death, you will be burdened for eternity with the curse. I am doing you a favor. Accept it." he says trying to attack me again.

I try to miss his attack once again but I end up getting a long shallow cut on my side. I still run, ignoring the pain. I make it out to the courtyard and look ahead of me. I have to make it out of here. He's no where in sight. I make a break for it. I start to feel the pain on my side and look to see that the maid's outfit is stained with blood. How could that one man kill everyone in the castle?

"You cannot escape fate Camila. This is not the last time we will see each other." I hear him say, but he is no where to be seen.

I run back down the path, my eyes filling with tears.
© Copyright 2006 Fantasia (sweetami at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1127848-Distant-lovechapter-4