*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1128250-Distant-lovechapter-8
Rated: E · Chapter · Other · #1128250
Camila finds a hidden power of hers.
Chap.8-Awakenings


The road to Rojan is a long one. It's a wide path through a forested area and it's really quiet and peaceful. So far, we haven't encountered any fiends, but i'm still edgy about them, after all, i've never encountered them.

Arick smiles at my paranoid expression. "Don't worry. They don't attack as often as you think." he says.

I sigh. "I hope not." I say. "As i've said, I'm not good with fighting."

"You said that you knew magic, didn't you?" asks Arick.

Just as Arick finishes his question, a wolf-like fiend jumps out of nowhere. My eyes widen with fear. I can see out the corner of my eye that Arick is poised to protect me, but I raise up my arms self-consciously and close my eyes. I feel a hand touch me, and I know it's Arick.

"...Wow...!" he says.

I open my eyes and see a beautiful golden sphere surrounding us. I can also see the fiend attacking wildly, and soon the sphere fades.

Arick sees his chance to protect me and springs into action. The fiend trys to attack Arick on his blind side, but he blocks it with his dagger and sends it crashing back to the ground. It whimpers but gets up quickly and scratches him on the chest. Arick winces a little and an expression of sickness crosses his face. But he gives the fiend a final deep cut near the nape of the neck. It trys to get back up and attack again, but Arick finishes it off with a double-slash attack. He pants slightly.

"Oh great. I think i've been poisoned." he says quietly.

We walk a little further, and suddenly, Arick faints.

"Arick! Arick get up!" I say, but then some wolven fiends prowl towards me. I fear that i'm in lots of danger.

© Copyright 2006 Fantasia (sweetami at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1128250-Distant-lovechapter-8